- How can I find flight departure and arrival information?
- How do I get my ticket if I book online?The only thing you need to do is to print out the email containing your e-ticket.You should present this when checking in at the airport along with your photo ID or passport.
- Why do I not get the lowest offered fare?Please enter destination and travel dates and our booking system will always show you the lowest fare available at that time.
If the lowest fare on offer is not available all low-fare seats for this flight are probably sold out. To find lower fares try changing your travel date (or dates).
Our Flexi-Pricer calendar will provide you with the lowest available fare +/- 3 days of your selected search dates.
- Travelling to the USA:Passports/Visas and ApisIcelandair (like all other airlines) is required to adhere to the Advance Passenger Information System (APIS), which requires the collection of specific information from every passenger travelling on all flights to/from the United States.Travellers must supply Advance Passenger Information at time of check-in or they will be unable to travel.Following is a list of information required:
In order to minimize the delays at check-in due to this new procedure it is important that all travellers provide as much APIS information as possible before departure.If you are travelling to the United States on Icelandair, please click here to add this information to your Icelandair reservation.
- Country of residence
- Travel document type (normally passport)
- Travel document number (expiry date and country of issue for passport)
- Destination address in the U.S. (Not required for U.S. citizens, Legal Permanent Residents, or Alien Residents of the U.S. entering the U.S.)
- Where can I find the timetable for Icelandair's destinations?Click here for Icelandair's timetable.
- Can I book a one-way ticket?
Click here and select One Way to purchase a one way ticket.
- Can I cancel or change a booking?
To cancel a booking you need to contact us. Please have your booking number, name and travel dates available. Refunds are only possible if your booking included a cancellation insurance and you meet the relevant conditions. Please note that different regulations apply for different kinds of tickets.You can change your booking for a small fee although this is dependant upon the rules and restrictions of the ticket originally purchased. To check or change your booking you need to contact us. Please have your booking number, name and date of trip available for information.
When you fly only with Icelandair you can also change your ticket at „My trips“.
- Can I choose a seat when I book online?
Yes, you can choose a seat online during the booking process. Click 'Seat Map' when you get to the travel plan during your booking.
Some users will not see this option during their booking. The reason for this is that the program Java Virtual Machine on your computer does not upload properly and needs to be updated. Java Virtual Machine is not installed automatically on computers.
Please update Java Virtual Machine if you would like to choose a seat online. Go to www.java.com and click 'Download' or wait for an automatic update. As soon as your software is updated you can choose a seat during booking.
- Can I travel while I am pregnant?If travelling during the last month of pregnancy women will have to present a medical certificate issued not less than 72 hours prior to departure.
- How do I book destinations other than those to which Icelandair has direct flights?
Click here and select Multi City to book a reservation either departing from or travelling to a non gateway city of Icelandair.
- How many people can I book in the same reservation?
Icelandair's web site allows you to book for up to nine (9) people in the same reservation. If you are booking for more than 9 people please contact our group department.
- I want to book and pay for somebody other than myself. How do I do that?
If you are not booking for yourself do not use your own user information. Instead, simply enter all relevant information about the passenger during the booking process.
- My name is spelled incorrectly in my reservation.If an incorrectly spelled name is entered in the booking process you will have to contact us immediately.
- What should I do if I receive no email after booking online?If you do not receive an email after booking online you may have entered an invalid email address. Please contact us and we can resend your confirmation.
- How do I book an E-Ticket?
- What is an E-Ticket?Click here for information about e-tickets.
- Can I get my flight ticket refunded if I cannot use it?Tickets will only be refunded if conditions for cancellation insurance are fully met or if the ticket is flexible and permits a full refund.
Click here to view our cancellation terms.
- Can I pay cash when booking on the Icelandair website?No, you will have to use a credit card when booking online with Icelandair.
- If I pay with my credit card on your website, is the transaction secure?At Icelandair, we take the security of our customers very seriously. We have taken all necessary security measures so that our customers can conduct their transactions with us in a secure way.
By using VeriSign® technology we can encrypt all data (beyond what is required by law) which we do not want to share with anyone other than our customers. We only allow payments by credit card through our website. Since the introduction of our online business in 1997, we have only used credit cards as a way of payment and have never experienced any credit card fraud. As payments by credit card are the best way for us and our customers to fight business fraud on our website, we offer no other way of payment.
Using a credit card on Icelandair's website is as safe as when using it to pay in shops or restaurants.
VeriSign® is the leading company today for Internet security solutions which guarantee your safety when you are doing business online.
Please note that the booking might not be completed if the security on your Internet Explorer is set too high. In that case, set security to 'Medium High' which works very well and reset it as soon as your booking is completed.
- Gift Certificate - how to redeem your Gift Certificate?
To redeem your Gift Certificate and book a flight only:
- To redeem your Gift Certificate and book a flight only, check the box marked “Gift Certificate” on the booking engine on the front page. In the next step you will be asked to enter your Gift Certificate booking-code.
- Type in your Gift Certificate Booking Code in the field. Press “ADD”.
a. If you have more than one Gift Certificate just enter the second Booking Code and press the “ADD” button again. Repeat for each added Gift Certificate.
- When the desired number of Gift Certificates have been added to the field you will see the total amount which will be deducted from the fare you are booking.
- You will be asked for your credit card details for security reasons. When you have finished your booking you will receive an email along with your E-ticket and receipt.
- Please note that you can not use your Gift Certificate after the booking is made. It has to be added to the booking at booking time.
For travellers from the United Kingdom.
To redeem your Gif Certificate as a payment for packages:
- To redeem your Gif Certificate as a payment for packages, please go through the package booking process and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Gift Certificate booking-code and itinerary.
- We will then credit the amount of your Gift Certificate to the credit card you used when booking your packages.
- How can I earn Frequent Flyer points when booking online?
A field is provided for your Frequent Flyer identification number. Please enter your 12-digit number (Saga number). The points will be added to your account as soon as your trip is completed.
You will have to present your Saga Card when booking at an Icelandair Sales Office, travel agencies or when shopping at Saga Boutique. This applies also when paying with your Icelandair VISA card or other relevant cards.
At the airport
- How can I find flight departure and arrival information?
- What are the excess baggage fees?
Excess baggage fees are charged if the bag is oversized in dimension or weight, and doubled if a bag is oversized in both dimension and weight. Click here for information about excess baggage fees.
- How much carry-on baggage can I bring into the cabin?
Please click here for carry-on baggage rules and conditions.
- How much luggage can I travel with?
Please click here to find information about baggage rules and conditions.
- What do I do if my luggage is lost or damaged?
If checked-in luggage gets lost or is damaged on arrival please let ground staff know as soon as possible after arrival at the airport. Please use our online Baggage Inventory Form or write to us within 7 days.
- What rules apply for travelling with skis, bicycles, golf sets and other items?Please click here for information about travelling with sports equipment.
- Do you have any Business Class Lounges?You can relax in private lounges provided for your convenience and comfort in all US and European airports served by Icelandair. Click here to view a list of the lounges that Icelandair uses.
- Can I check in on the Icelandair website?
Yes, you can check-in on the Icelandair website or using your mobile device. See your online check-in page for details.
- Can Frequent Flyer members travel with more luggage than those who are not members?
- Why do I need to print out my e-ticket?
An E-ticket is issued containing your flight information and a receipt for your credit card payment. You will need a printout of your E-ticket if travelling to the US in order to confirm your return flight or as confirmation for customs in order to receive a tax refund. If a traveller is not the owner of the credit card registered as identification he will need to check in for the flight as usual and present a printout of the E-ticket and a photo ID or a passport.
Payment on board
- Why are we going Cashless?
There are a number of advantages to going cashless. First and foremost, passenger services will be even more efficient and the payment process will be faster. Time now spent on counting cash payments will from now on be used on providing a faster on-board service. Moreover, all post-flight settlements will be swifter and crew members will have more time to make your journey smoother. This change is not without precedent. Many of the world’s largest airlines no longer accept cash on board. For example, American Airlines implemented this change in February 2010 and many other leading airlines, like Continental Airlines, United Airlines, JetBlue and Southwest followed suit.
- What will the payment options be?
Aftter 29th of April 2016, we will accept debit cards, all credit cards, and Saga Points. Moreover, also passengers can Pre-Purchase meals online before their journey.
- Can I pay with cash onboard and what currency do you accept?
As of 29th of april 2016 we only accept electronic payments.
Food and Beverage
- Why does Icelandair charge for the meals on board?
This way we are able to increase the variety and quality of the meals offered on board, and since not all Icelandair customers are interested in having a meal on board, the price of food is excluded from the ticket price. This decision was taken at the same time we increased leg space and started to offer a free personal in-flight entertainment for all cabins.
- Can I shop on board?Saga Shop Collection offers travellers a wide selection of exotic perfumes, exciting accessories, delicious sweets and elegant jewelry, all at duty-free prices. Travellers can peruse the extensive catalogue of Saga Shop Collection offerings at their leisure and make a selection of their choice during the flight.You can request a Saga Shop Collection catalogue by providing your full name and address. You will be sent a catalog before your flight so you can get acquainted with the wide selection Saga Shop Collection offers.To order the Saga Shop Collection catalog please send an e-mail to: email@example.comAll Saga Boutique prices are tax and duty free as Iceland is not part of the European Union and therefore not affected by the abolition of the Duty Free service in Europe, which came into effect on July 1st 1999.Saga Shop Collection offers you an excellent assortment at fantastic prices with 25-40% savings from retail in most European countries.
- Can I use my computer on board?
The use of laptop computers is limited to the cruising phase of the flight and forbidden during take-off and landing.
- Is there access to phones on the airplane?No, there is no access to phones on board.
- What kind of in-flight entertainment does Icelandair offer on board?On all flights we offer:
- Feature films and/or shorter entertainment programs
- Multi-channel stereo music
- Selection of newspapers and magazines
- Atlantica Magazine
- Eye in the sky tracking system (on select flights)
- In Saga Class: personal DVD players and a wide selection of films
- What kind of meals and beverages does Icelandair offer on board?
Each of our flights feature a meal (available for purchase in Economy and complimentary in Economy Comfort and Saga classes) appropriate to the length of flight and time of day. Meals informationSaga Class passengers enjoy unlimited mixed drinks, as well as our award winning wine-cellar and an ever-evolving menu featuring several meal choices including our "Catch of the Day".To add a special meal to your reservation, please contact us.
- What kind of meals for infants and children does Icelandair offer on board?A baby meal:
Includes canned baby food consisting of meat, vegetable and fruit. Our Baby Meal has to be reserved in advance, at least 24 hours before departure or at the time of reservation. Hot water is always on board to heat bottles and jars of babyfood.
A child's meal:
For breakfast, the child's meal normally consists of a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and for dinner, lasagna or turkey-nuggets. Milk is provided. A child's meal needs to be reserved in advance, at least 24 hours before departure or at the time of reservation.
NOTE: Unfortunatly you can not order children's or baby meals if booking a flight on our website - please contact us to reserve a baby meal or a child's meal for your flight.
- Why are not all passengers eligible for a CLASS UP upgrade?
If the passenger did not provide an email with his booking he can not receive an email invitation to take part in CLASS UP.
The flight could also not be eligible.
- Are all the benefits of Economy Comfort and Saga Class included in the CLASS UP upgrade?
No, passengers do not receive the Saga Points for the upgraded seat as they would if they had purchased a seat on Economy Comfort or Saga Class. The fare basis also stays true to the ticket originally purchased.
- Can passengers select their seat in Saga Class or Economy Comfort?
If the passenger’s request for an upgrade is confirmed by email 48 hours before flight time he will be able to select a seat on the flight in Saga Class or Economy Comfort on a space-available basis when check-in opens.
Alternatively, the passenger will be assigned a seat by the attendant at the Saga Class counter at the airport.
- Is there a minimum upgrade offer?
Yes, there is a minimum offer which is the bottom of the price range. The price ranges vary between flights and seasons, depending on availability.
- When can passengers expect their credit card to be debited?
Passengers must enter their credit card details when registering for an upgrade, so that the card can be verified with the credit card company. The amount offered will be debited when an upgrade is awarded. If an upgrade is not awarded, the credit card used for the purchase will not be debited.
- Do Saga Class or Economy Comfort tickets entail additional taxes?
France and England levy additional taxes for Saga Class flight tickets. The additional taxes will be paid by the passenger and will be calculated as part of the amount offered for the upgrade per direction.
- Is it possible to use Saga Points to place a bid?
No, it is not possible to place a bid with Saga Points. Only credit cards are accepted.
- If passengers want to contact Icelandair about CLASS UP, whom do they contact after submitting an offer?
For the following matters – complaints about inflight service, complaints about the upgrade process, complaints about refunds, suggestions for greater efficiency, and praise – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a passenger provides a doctor’s certificate, will the CLASS UP upgrade be refunded?
Yes, if the passenger purchased a cancellation insurance the upgrades are refunded when the passenger presents a doctor’s certificate.
- Is it possible to use a prepaid credit card in the CLASS UP offer process?
Yes, it is possible as long as the card balance at the time when the offer is reviewed suffices to pay for the upgrade. It is not possible to use a debit card.
- Is it possible to CLASS UP from Economy to Saga Class?
Yes, eligible customers who have a seat on Economy can choose between placing an offer on Economy Comfort or Saga Class. It depends on availability if both cabins are offered.
- Can the passenger change/cancel the upgrade offer after it has been submitted?
Yes. It is possible to change/cancel the upgrade offer through the upgrade system up to 72 hours before scheduled departure.
Access to the upgrade system is possible through a link to the system appearing in the confirmation email.
- Is it possible to place a CLASS UP bid at the airport upon checking in?
No, the passenger must place a bid at least 72 hours before departure. However, it is possible to purchase a conventional upgrade at the airport.
- Is it possible to submit an offer for an upgrade on only one flight segment?
Yes. Passengers can choose whether to submit an upgrade offer for departure, return or round trip. The offer is divided into flight segments and passengers have to submit an offer for each available segment. It is also possible to submit different offers for each flight segment.
- How does CLASS UP work when a booking includes more than one person?
Only the first passenger in a booking that includes more than one person receives an email invitation 10 days before departure to take part in CLASS UP. The email recipient can then place a bid for an amount they are willing to pay for an upgrade on each flight. If the offer is accepted, the passenger pays the same amount for each passenger included in the booking.
Let’s take an example of two passengers in the same booking on a one-way flight from Iceland to Glasgow. The first passenger of the booking receives an email and decides to bid £80 for a CLASS UP upgrade for each passenger. If the offer is accepted, £160 will be charged to the credit card that the
passenger used in the offer process.
- Is it possible to split a booking for CLASS UP?
Yes, but to receive the email invitation the booking has to be split at least 10 days before departure when the pre-travel email is sent.
- Will passengers receive an invitation to CLASS UP if Ithey have purchased airfare using Saga Points?
Yes, passengers who used Saga Points to purchase tickets are considered eligible for a CLASS UP upgrade.
- Do passengers receive Saga Points for their CLASS UP upgrade?
No, Saga Points are not offered for CLASS UP upgrades.
- Are all flights eligible for a CLASS UP?
No, only certain flights are eligible for CLASS UP upgrades. This
may vary from time to time.
- How will a passenger know if he is eligible to place a bid for a CLASS UP upgrade?
You will receive an email with a link to the bidding site 10 days before you start your trip. You can also go to the Icelandair Class Up web site and type in your name and booking reference 10 days before you start your trip to check if you were considered eligible.
- What are the conditions of the passenger’s ticket if he receives confirmation of an upgrade?
Ticket conditions will be same as for the original ticket purchased, in terms of cancellation fee, change fee, minimum and maximum stay and other limitations.
- What benefits does the passenger receive as part of his upgrade to Saga Class and Economy Comfort?
CLASS UP TO SAGA CLASS / CLASS UP TO ECONOMY COMFORT
- Saga Class check-in / Business check-in
- More free luggage allowance / More free luggage allowance
- Lounge access / Lounge access
- Luxurious business class seats / Economy seats with the middle seat blocked
for your comfort
- Premium food & beverages / Complementary food & beverages
- Universal electric outlet / Universal electric outlet
- When can the passenger submit a CLASS UP upgrade?
An upgrade offer can be submitted 10 days before departure as long as the service is available.
- If the passenger submitted offers for two flight segments, when will he receive notification confirming the upgrade offers?
The passenger will receive separate notifications for each flight segment about 48 hours prior to departure.
- Passengers are travelling as a couple or family. Does their registration for an upgrade ensure that they will receive an upgrade as a couple/family?
Yes, as long as everyone is registered on the same reservation.
- What are the odds that a CLASS UP offer is accepted?
There are many factors that determine whether or not a CLASS UP offer for Economy comfort or Saga Class will be accepted. The main factors are the participation of other passengers booked on the same flight, the amount the passenger is willing to pay for the upgrade.
- Why would an offer not be accepted if there is space available on the flight?
It could be that the offer was not high enough.
- Can CLASS UP upgrades be refunded?
Upgrades are only refunded for involuntary reroutes or cancellations.
- Is it possible to call Icelandair to place a bid?
No, this service is only available online.
- Does the passenger have to pay for submitting an offer for a CLASS UP upgrade?
No. There is no charge for submitting an upgrade offer. If the passenger is awarded the upgrade, the amount offered will be debited from the passenger’s credit card.
- How will the passenger know if his offer was accepted and that the upgrade was approved?
The passenger will receive an email at least 48 hours before departure which lets him know if the offer was accepted.
- What happens if it is necessary to cancel/change the flight after receiving the upgrade confirmation?
The upgrade request and upgrade confirmation are valid for the specific flight for which an offer was accepted. It is not possible to transfer an upgrade confirmation to a flight on another date. However, it is possible to submit a new offer for an upgrade on another flight. To clarify, in cases of changes/cancellations made by the passenger after receiving an upgrade confirmation, the amount that was offered for the upgrade will not be refunded
and cannot serve as payment for an upgrade on another date.
- Can I access www.icelandair.com webpage without purchasing the service?
Yes, all Icelandair's web pages can be accessed without purchasing or an authentication for the Wi-Fi service.
- Can I recharge my device on board?
Passengers traveling on Saga Class and Economy Comfort have an electric socket for a laptop or mobile device either below the seat or between the seats. Each seat has a USB power port that can be used to recharge most devices. Just remember to bring your own USB cable.
- Will I earn Saga Points when purchasing the Wi-Fi service?
The Wi-Fi purchase is not connected to the Saga Club for time being.
- Is it possible to use Saga Points when purchasing the Wi-Fi service?
No, that is not possible for time being.
- What forms of payment will be accepted for this service?
Icelandair accepts all major credit cards to pay for this service. However, pre-paid credit cards cannot be accepted.
- Is it possible to use PayPal to purchase the service?
No, that is not possible.
- Will my credit card provider add fees to the price?
Some credit card companies might charge a fee for currency conversion if a local currency other than the Euro is used. Some other fees might apply. Please check with your credit card provider.
- How fast will the connection be?
The connection will be similar to a 3G connection. The speed of the connection will depend on the inflight usage of the broadband.
- Will there be devices to borrow onboard?
Currently Icelandair does not plan to provide Wi-Fi enabled devices onboard.
- How will Icelandair Wi-Fi charge show up on my credit card statement?
It will be noted as "ROW44 Icelandair Wi-Fi".
- Can I purchase the Wi-Fi service prior to the flight?
No, that is not possible. A purchase can only take place during the flight, once the Wi-Fi has been activated.
- Can I use a VPN connection once logged on the Wi-Fi?
Icelandair Wi-Fi supports most of the major VPN brands, but the experience may vary by flight.
- Why isn´t the connection faster?
The Wi-Fi connection is obtained through a satellite which is located 36,000km above Earth. The airplane is cruising at a speed of 800km/per hour which results in a connection with different properties to those on the ground.
- What is Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi is a popular technology that allows an electronic device to exchange data wirelessly (using radio waves) over a computer network, including high-speed Internet connections. It is used all over the world at so called hot spots, public areas, offices and private homes to provide connection to the Internet.
- How many airplanes will have Wi-Fi?
It is Icelandair's goal to have all airplanes equipped with a Wi-Fi connection. However, during peak season some airplanes may not be equipped with Wi-Fi.
- What kind of device will I need?
All you need is a Wi-Fi enabled device with an internet browser.
- Will all flights to any of Icelandair's destinations have Wi-Fi?
All flights with a Wi-Fi equipped airplane are expected to have a Wi-Fi connection. Some limitations may occur during some the flights. Information cards are placed in the seat pockets in front of you that indicate the Wi-Fi coverage on Icelandair´s routes.
- How do I connect to Wi-Fi onboard?
Each Wi-Fi device is different so Icelandair cannot provide detailed connection instructions in this FAQ. In the seat pocket you'll find a Wi-Fi card with information about the service. Please make sure your device, phone and/or tablet is in airplane mode and you have turned on the Wi-Fi on your device. Then open a browser and the Icelandair Wi-Fi portal page opens. If you are booked Saga Class passenger or a Saga Gold member you use the complimentary option; otherwise you use the purchase option to connect.
- Why can't I access the Internet web sites although I have completed the Wi-Fi purchase/authentication?
The reason could be that currently the airplane is flying where there is no Wi-Fi coverage. Please study the coverage in the Wi-Fi card in the seat pocket or in the Wi-Fi Portal. You can compare the coverage to the flight route in the in-flight entertainment system to verify if there is currently no coverage.
- I'm having problem purchasing the service; what could be the problem?
The reason could be one of the following but not limited to: Missing or incorrect information in the fields needed when purchasing. Wrong credit card number, wrong expiry date, or credit card security number not correctly entered.
- I'm a Saga Gold member and I can't get authenticated; what could be the problem?
For the system to be able to authenticate you, your Saga Club number needs to be in your booking. If it's not in the booking you can enter it by opening Icelandair's homepage and select “My trips”. Log in by entering your booking reference and last name, then enter your Saga Club number along with needed information and save the information. Now you should be able to log in using your booking reference and Saga Club number. If the problem exists, next time you are connected to the Internet you can send an e-mail to email@example.com and describe the problem and hopefully it can be resolved before your future flights. You can use the payment method to access the Internet.
- Do I need to sign out of the Wi-Fi?
No, you don't need to sign out.
- Once I have purchased the Wi-Fi will the system remember me in future flights?
No, the Wi-Fi system does not store user's login information between flights.
- What is Row44?
That´s the name of the company that provides the Wi-Fi connection to Icelandair.
- Will I need to set my device to airplane mode?
Yes, your device needs to be in airplane mode during all phases of the flight. Please notice you might need to activate Wi-Fi on your device after selecting airplane mode.
- Can I switch Wi-Fi access between devices?
The purchased/authenticated Wi-Fi connection is per device. If you authenticated or purchased the service on your laptop you can't open the same Wi-Fi connection on your tablet computer etc.
- What can I do on Icelandair's Wi-Fi?
You can browse the internet, check your e-mail, read your favorite news web sites and do some social networking. Please notice that some high bandwidth activities may be restricted. For best performance you should close all apps that are running in the background.
- How do I know if the airplane has Wi-Fi?
You will see a Wi-Fi icon when you enter the airplane.
- How does the Wi-Fi work?
It's a satellite based Wi-Fi. On top of the airplane is an antenna that communicates with satellites. Inside the airplane are Wireless Access Points that communicate with the antenna and the passengers' devices.
- How much does this service cost?
The price is variable. Booked Saga Class passengers and Saga Gold members can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi for two devices.
- Will the Wi-Fi be complimentary for Saga Gold members?
Yes, on Wi-Fi equipped airplanes Wi-Fi is complimentary for two devices for each Saga Gold member. You must enter your Saga Club number when booking the flight. During the authentication process you will need to provide the Saga Club number and booking reference (six characters).
- Will the service be complimentary for booked Saga Class passengers?
Yes, if you are booked on Saga Class the Wi-Fi is complimentary for two devices. During the authentication process you will need to provide the booking reference (six characters) and your last name as it is in the booking. There are instructions on the Wi-Fi portal.
- Is it safe for the aircraft to have active Wi-Fi while flying?
Yes. The FAA and EASA are the global governing agencies for airworthiness and have rigorously evaluated the effect of this system on airplane operations. The FAA and EASA airworthiness approvals clearly demonstrate that the system is airworthy and presents no operational risk to airplane operations.
- Where can I find my booking reference number?
This is a six character code on your ticket, as well as on the mobile boarding pass.
- When can I use Wi-Fi?
You will be able to connect as soon as you want, and the connection will be active throughout your flight.
- I need to use a wheelchair, can I ask for assistance on board?Wheelchair service is provided for passengers who have difficulty moving to and from, or within, the aircraft. Please contact Reservations for wheelchair assistance and specify if the passenger is traveling with his or her own wheelchair and if it is electric.
If you or a family member requires special assistance while traveling, please contact us.
- What rules apply for children traveling alone?
On Icelandair flights an Unaccompanied Minor (UM) is a child between 5-11 years of age (11 inclusive) who is NOT accompanied by a passenger 12 years of age or older having the same reservation status and capable of taking full responsibility for the child.
Maximum four (4) Unaccompanied Minors may be carried on each flight.
A child from 3 months to 4 years of age (4th year included) will not be accepted for travel unless accompanied by a passenger who is 12 years or older, traveling on the same flight.
The Unaccompanied Minor service fee is USD 60 each way. If two Unaccompanied Minors is traveling together, only one service fee is charged; if three to four Unaccompanied Minors are traveling together a double service fee's is charged.
Unaccompanied Minor Travel Guidelines:
Unaccompanied Minors must be checked-in by an adult guardian who must provide photo identification and contact information, as well as the relationship to the child. On arrival in the destination city, the Icelandair ground agent will also check photo identification and contact information before releasing the child to the guardian, who is predetermined in the child's reservation documents.
Travel documents for a Unaccompanied Minor are placed in a special Icelandair wallet, which is clearly visible on the child.
As of February 1st 2006
IGS employee at Keflavik Airport will need to escort those passengers requiring special assistance departing/arriving on Icelandair´s flights.
Relatives are not allowed to escort children, elderly or those needing special assistance when departing/arriving with flights at Keflavik Airport.
To book an Unaccompanied Minor, please contact us.
Unaccompanied Minors must be confirmed at least 3 days before the flight, so please allow for advance purchase.
- Can I travel with my pet?All pets transported on Icelandair travel in special climate-controlled transport areas in the cargo area of the aircraft*. A maximum of 4 animal crates can be carried on each aircraft, however two animals can share a crate if both are small and of the same species. Passengers must provide their own pet crates. The charge for pet transport is the excess baggage charge applicable to the destination.
Pets must be booked in advanced in the passenger's reservation.
To book your pet for transport please contact us**.
Please note that many countries require a mandatory quarantine of pets upon entry. It is the responsibility of the passenger to determine the requirements of the country being entered. Please contact the embassy of your destination to determine if travel with your pet is permitted before you book your pet.
*Escort, rescue, and sniffer dogs may be carried in the cabin; however they must also be booked in advanced.
**When booking your pet for transport, you will be required to provide the exact dimensions and weight of the crate (inclusive of the pet's weight) for a confirmation.
- What rules apply for seeing eye dogs?A blind passenger accompanied by a seeing eye dog may have it in the cabin provided that the dog is properly harnessed and muzzled. The dog is not permitted to occupy a seat and must not block the aisle.
Permits must be obtained for entry into the country of transit and or destination where necessary. Icelandair cannot be responsible if the seeing-eye dog is refused entry or passage through any country.
If you or a family member requires special assistance while traveling, please contact us.