The scenic Hvita (White River) is located just one hour from Reykjavik, providing ideal, enjoyable rafting for both beginning and experienced rafters (the rafting level for Hvita is 2+ out of 5) with a perfectly balanced mix of serene canyons and adrenaline-pumping rapids. You'll even have the opportunity to practice some cliff jumping as the tour passes through the area of the magnificnent Bruarhlod canyon! Who can resist the unique opportunity of going glacier river swimming in Iceland? After your tour, relax at the Drumbo base camp where you can enjoy the sauna and geothermal hot tubs and a hot meal. The morning tour includes a delicious buffet lunch, while the afternoon tour includes a savoury lamb barbecue dinner - a great outdoor tradition in Iceland!
Duration: 7 - 8 hours
Departures: 14 May - 15 September 2015, daily at 08:00
Price per person: From £109 including lunch buffet
Note: Children 11 years of age and younger are not permitted on this tour.
1) While booking your holiday, you will be given the option to add day excursions and airport transfers as part of the booking process. Please first select the package you wish to book with travel dates and accommodation.
2) If you have already booked a holiday with us, you can retrieve your booking here and follow the instructions for adding day excursions and airport transfers.
3) If you have made a flight only booking with Icelandair, click here to book day excursions and airport transfers. Please be sure to provide the name of your hotel when prompted for pick up purposes.
- Pick-up and drop-off between your Reykjavik hotel and the tour (this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik)
- Guided bus tour
- Use of protective wetsuit, helmet and other necessary gear
- Use of sauna and hot tub at rafting base camp
- Buffet lunch after rafting tour included in the morning tour
- Lamb barbecue dinner after rafting tour included in the afternoon tour
- Swim suit
- Towel (rentals available)
- Personal travel insurance
- Please note this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik
- Children 11 years old and younger are not permitted on this tour
- Passengers have to be able to swim and be comfortable with floating in the water
All rafting trips are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. The tour operator in Iceland will require participants to sign a waiver for outdoor activity carrying a risk.
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements
- All inquiries on change or cancellation requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions can be found here.