Ever wandered how it would be to walk on a glacier, enjoy supper at an adventures' farm and then hunt for the Northern Lights in the same day? Probably not, but what better place to do so than in Iceland? Over 11% of the country is ice, it is renowned for delicous lamb and fish and great conditions for Northern Lights displays?
This package includes flights from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow or Aberdeen, 3-7 night hotel stay in Reykjavik and a great combo day tour with award winning tour operator; Icelandic Mountain Guides.
On the day after arrival, a tour guide from Icelandic Mountain Guides will pick you up from your hotel at 11:30. Head through the scenic south coast of Iceland towards Solheimajökull Glacier tongue where we enjoy a safe and easy glacier walk up on to the ice field. As we explore all the features of the glacier, such as water cauldrons, crevasses, ridges and waterways we learn more about the Icelandic glaciers. From the glacier we head to the powerful Skógafoss waterfall before arriving at the charming Country Hotel Anna for a delicious traditional Icelandic lamb soup supper. Located on the site of a traditional Icelandic farm, Country Hotel Anna is named after Anna Jonsdottir who grew up there. She became a world traveller and adventurer in the early 20th century, writing popular books for Icelanders about her experiences. An exhibition at the hotel commemorates her travels.
Finally, head out into the night looking out for those magical Northern Lights, stopping at the lit up Seljalandsfoss waterfall. Please note the Northern lights are a natural phenomenon, weather dependent and sightings are not guaranteed. Return to Reykjavik around midnight.
Note: Boots can be rented, lunch can be bought on the way, and we lend rain coats to those who need (up on request).
This package also gives you plenty of time to organize your own activity during the rest of your duration in Iceland. Maybe you'll explore local galleries and museums in Reykjavik. Take an invigorating horseback ride in beautiful lava field surroundings, dip in the local thermal pool or do the Golden Circle where you'll see more fantastic nature scenes. In the evenings enjoy dinner at one of the city's many excellent restaurants.
- To book, choose "Glacier Walk and Northern Lights" from the drop down menu.
- Travel period until February 2018
- The package is not available for children under 10 years old.
Subject to availability and seasonality.
Northern Lights in Iceland & Glacier Walk City Break from GBP489 per person based on standard twin room at Hotel Cabin for 3 nights duration.
- Flights from London Heathrow to Reykjavik are twice daily
- Flights from London Gatwick to Reykjavik operate daily
- Flights from Manchester to Reykjavik operate up to daily
- Flights from Glasgow to Reykjavík operate up to daily
- Flights from Birmingham to Reykjavik are on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- Flights from Aberdeen on Wednesday, Fridays and Mondays
- Flights from Belfast Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays (From Sep 2017)
Please note: Advertised lead price based on travel period Nov 2017 - Jan 2018 with limited availability on selected dates. Flight supplement for flights from London Heathrow may apply. Very limited availability during school holidays and festive season.
|4* Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre: New luxury lifestyle brand hotel, the first of its kind worldwide, opening in the heart of the city in July 2016, offers uncomplicated comforts, thoughtful design and energizing athmosphere.
|4* Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura: Recently refurbished warm and friendly legacy hotel. Its focus is on the Icelandic atmosphere with local art, events and food. Swimming pool, sauna and Soley Natura Spa located at the hotel (entry fee may apply).|
|4* Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina: Fun and quirky hotel in a great location next to the old Reykjavik harbour.|
|4* Hilton Reykjavik Nordica: Classy and elegant hotel mixing local tradition and global trends. Among facilities is a spa (entry fee may apply), gym and award winning restaurant VOX.|
|4* Fosshotel Reykjavik: Stylish and exceptional new property providing excellent views of the city, situated just a few blocks away from the main shopping street Laugavegur in the city's old town. Breakfast included.|
|3* Fosshotel Baron: Friendly hotel a few minutes walk from the main shopping street in the city centre but away from the noise of the nightlife.|
|3* Hotel Klettur: Modern Scandinavian style hotel in the city centre, having been awarded a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for four consecutive years since 2012.|
|3* Hotel Leifur: A small and friendly family run hotel in a great location just across the Hallgrimskirkja church.|
|2* Hotel Cabin: Basic and modern hotel located between the city centre and Laugardalur valley with great views over the Faxafloi bay.|
- Flights on Icelandair Economy Class from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Belfast
- Checked 23kg and hand luggage 10kg
- Accommodation in a standard room at chosen hotel in Reykjavik (advertised prices are based on a 3 night stay).
- Breakfast included in Fosshotel Baron, Klettur, Leifur Eiriksson and Cabin hotels. Breakfast at Icelandair Hotels and Hilton Reykjavik Nordica available to purchase locally.
- Iceland Glacier Walk; Glacier gear and safety equipment is included. Bring warm clothes, rain gear, hiking boots and lunch (excursion operates Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat only)
- Supper at Hotel Anna
- Hunt for Northern Lights in Iceland countryside (weather permitting).
- Airport transfers between Keflavik airport and hotel in Reykjavik (available to add in the booking process).
- Check out Iceland day tours and activities including Blue Lagoon, Whale Watching and Snowmobiling that are bookable with the package.
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
Is this offer not for you? Sign up for our newsletter and get updated with the latest and best Iceland flight and holiday offers.
Advertised leading price based on travel period Nov 2017 - Jan 2018 with limited availability on selected dates. Flight supplement for flights from London Heathrow may apply. Very limited availability during school holidays and festive season.
This is an online offer only. Advertised prices are per person and are based on 2 people sharing a standard room subject to availability, terms and conditions. Please notice that package prices “from” are based on lowest available airfare. When the lowest airfare is sold out, package price changes according to next available airfare. The booking engine can only process one room type per booking. Please note that travel insurance is not included, we recommend cover.
Icelandair Holidays packages are ATOL protected. When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package from Icelandair Holidays you will receive a package confirmation and flight e-tickets from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 4560. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit the ATOL website. Click here for full Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.