Iceland is a year-round destination, but the winter months bring their own sort of magic. It's the best time to hunt for the beautiful Northern Lights. It's also one of the best times to experience the warm, soothing waters of the Blue Lagoon, made even more marvellous when it's snowing outside! This plus the festivals, cultural events and lively nightlife of Reykjavik, give you all the ingredients for a great getaway!
This package offers you the chance to search for northern lights and enjoy the Reykjavik skyline on a guided boat trip. You'll also visit the Blue Lagoon and experience the geothermal wonder that is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate.
It's not just the Northern Lights that make Iceland the best winter holiday destination. During your visit, spend time snowmobiling on glaciers, visit the steaming geysers or try horse riding on lava fields. You can customise your trip with add-ons from the popular Golden Circle tour to snorkelling a fissure between two tectonic plates. Plus you will have plenty of time to enjoy the cosy cafes, lively nightlife and the cool Nordic culture of Reykjavik.
- Choose "Northern Lights and Blue Lagoon" from the drop down menu under 'Northern Lights Holidays' category.
- Travel period until April 2017
Please note: The Northern Lights by Boat excursion is subject to weather and sea conditions. The Northern Lights are a natural phenomena and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Northern Lights and Blue Lagoon from GBP339 per person, based on two persons sharing a standard double/twin room at Hotel Cabin for 3 nights duration.
- Flights from London Heathrow to Reykjavik are twice daily
- Flights from London Gatwick to Reykjavik operate daily
- Flights from Manchester to Reykjavik operate daily
- Flights from Glasgow to Reykjavík are on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays (daily from Sep 2016)
- Flights from Birmingham to Reykjavik are on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- Flights from Aberdeen on Wednesday, Fridays and Mondays
Choose "Northern Lights and Blue Lagoon" from the drop down menu under 'Northern Lights Holidays' category.
Please note: Advertised lead in price based on travel period Oct 2016 - Mar 2017 with limited availability on selected dates. Supplement for London Heathrow departures apply. Very limited availability, especially during school half term period and festive season.
|Hotels on offer...|
|4* Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina: Opened in spring 2012, Marina is a fun and quirky hotel in a great location next to the harbour (Hotel Reykjavik Marina website)(map)|
|4* Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura: Recently refurbished warm and friendly legacy hotel. Its focus is on the Icelandic atmosphere with local art, events and food. Swimming pool, sauna and spa located at the hotel (entry fee may apply). (Hotel Reykjavik Natura website)(map)|
|4* Hilton Reykjavik Nordica: Classy and elegant hotel mixing local tradition and global trends. Among facilities is a spa, gym and award winning restaurant VOX (Hilton Reykjavik Nordica website)(map)|
|3* Fosshotel Baron: Friendly hotel a few minutes walk from the main shopping street in the city centre but away from the noise of the nightlife. Breakfast included. (Hotel Baron website)(map)|
|3* Hotel Klettur: Modern Scandinavian style hotel opened in 2011 and received a Tripadvisor certificate of excellence for 2012. Breakfast included. (Hotel Klettur website)(map)|
|3* Hotel Leifur: A small and friendly family run hotel in a great location just across the Hallgrimskirkja church. Breakfast included. (Hotel Leifur website)(map)|
|2* Hotel Cabin: Basic and modern hotel located between the city centre and Laugardalur valley with great views over the Faxafloi bay. Breakfast included. (Hotel Cabin website)(map)|
- Flights on Icelandair Economy Class from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and Aberdeen
- Checked 23kg and hand luggage 10kg
- Accommodation in a standard room for 3 nights at chosen hotel (extra nights available via booking engine)
- Breakfast included at Hotel Cabin, Hotel Klettur, Hotel Leifur and Fosshotel Baron. Breakfast at Icelandair Hotels and Hilton Reykjavik Nordica available to purchase locally.
- Northern Lights Boat Tour booked on the evening after arrival (day 2) with transfers *
- Blue Lagoon tour including bathing fee with Reykjavik Excursions on day 3. Departure at 14:00 (hotel pick up 30 min before)
*Departure: 16th October - 14March at 21:00 (pick up from hotels 20:00-20:45) 1st Sep - 15th Oct // 15th Mar - 15th Apr at 22:00 (pick up from hotels at 21:00-21:45)
Note: If weather conditions do not allow for northern lights boat tour, the tour operator will give you a chance to exchange the tour to either adventurous whale watching trip or delicious dinner at Kopar, one of Reykjavik's most popular restaurants. If there are no sightings on your tour, you will receive a ticket to try again on their next available tour. No refunds for not being able to see the northern lights or when alternative tour chosen.
- Airport transfers between Keflavik airport and hotel in Reykjavik (available to add in the booking process).
- Check out Iceland day tours and activities including Blue Lagoon, Whale Watching and Snowmobiling that are bookable with the package.
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
Is this offer not for you? Sign up for our newsletter and get updated with the latest and best Iceland flight and holiday offers.
Advertised lead in price based at travel period Oct 2016 - Mar 2017 with limited availability on selected dates. Supplement for flights from London Heathrow may apply. Very limited availability during school half term period and festive season.
This is an online offer only. Advertised prices are per person and are based on 2 people sharing a standard room subject to availability, terms and conditions. Please notice that package prices “from” are based on lowest available airfare. When the lowest airfare is sold out, package price changes according to next available airfare. The booking engine can only process one room type per booking. Please note that travel insurance is not included, we recommend cover.
Icelandair Holidays packages are ATOL protected. When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package from Icelandair Holidays you will receive a package confirmation and flight e-tickets from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 4560. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit the ATOL website. Click here for full Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.