This special Iceland package offers you the chance to search for the beautiful Northern Lights and admire the Reykjavik skyline on a guided boat trip. We've also included Golden Circle afternoon tour, visiting the world-famous Geysir geothermal area, a field where hot springs are in abundance, geysers explode and pools of mud bubble. The tour also takes you to see the Gullfoss waterfall, the queen of Iceland's waterfalls. Finally, but no less spectacular is a visit to the Thingvellir National Park. Thingvellir is the original site of the oldest existing parliament in the world. The Great Atlantic rift is clearly visible, a rift that is slowly pulling Iceland apart along tectonic plates.
Northern Lights by Boat evening tour is booked for day after your arrival (day2) with the Golden Circle afternoon tour taking place on day 3, allowing you some free time in Iceland to explore Reykjavik and its surroundings.
- Choose 'Northern Lights Winter Special' from the drop down menu under 'Northern Lights Holidays' category.
- Travel period September - December 2017
- Booking period until 29.Mar 2017
Please note: The Northern Lights by Boat excursion is subject to weather and sea conditions. The Northern Lights are a natural phenomena and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Northern Lights Winter Special from GBP349 per person based on standard double/twin room at 4* Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura for 3 nights duration (room only).
Budget option bookable from GBP309 per person based on standard double/twin at 2* Hotel Cabin for 3 nights duration including breakfast.
- Flights from London Heathrow to Reykjavik are twice daily
- Flights from London Gatwick to Reykjavik operate daily
- Flights from Manchester to Reykjavik are daily until early April; Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays and Mondays during summer
- Flights from Glasgow to Reykjavík are on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays
- Flights from Birmingham to Reykjavik are on Thursdays, Saturdays, Mondays and Tuesdays
Please note: Advertised lead in price based on travel period late November - December 2017 on selected dates. Some dates may have limited or no availability. Supplement for departures from London Heathrow may apply. Limited availability, especially during school half term period.
Hotels on offer...
|4* Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura: Recently refurbished warm and friendly legacy hotel. Its focus is on the Icelandic atmosphere with local art, events and food. Swimming pool, sauna and spa located at the hotel (entry fee may apply).|
|4* Hilton Reykjavik Nordica: Classy and elegant hotel mixing local tradition and global trends. Among facilities is a spa (entry fee may apply), gym and award winning restaurant VOX.|
|4* Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina: Opened in spring 2012, Marina is a fun and quirky hotel in a great location next to the harbour.|
|4* Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre: New luxury lifestyle brand hotel, the first of its kind worldwide, opening in the heart of the city in July 2016, offers uncomplicated comforts, thoughtful design and energizing athmosphere. Breakfast included.|
|4* Fosshotel Reykjavik: Stylish and exceptional new property providing excellent views of the city, situated just a few blocks away from the main shopping street Laugavegur in the city's old town. Breakfast included.|
|3* Fosshotel Baron: Friendly hotel a few minutes walk from the main shopping street in the city centre but away from the noise of the nightlife. Breakfast included.|
|3* Hotel Klettur: Modern Scandinavian style hotel in the city centre, having been awarded a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for four consecutive years since 2012. Breakfast included.|
|3* Hotel Leifur: A small and friendly family run hotel in a great location just across the Hallgrimskirkja church. Breakfast included.|
|2* Hotel Cabin: Basic and modern hotel located between the city centre and Laugardalur valley with great views over the Faxafloi bay. Breakfast included.|
- Flights on Icelandair Economy Class from London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow
- Checked 23kg and hand luggage 10kg
- 3-7 nights accommodation at your chosen hotel based on standard twin/double room
- Breakfast is included at Hotel Cabin, Fosshotel Baron, Fosshotel Reykjavik, Hotel Leifur Eiriksson, Hotel Klettur and Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre. Breakfast at Icelandair Hotels and Hilton Reykjavik Nordica available to purchase locally.
- Northern Lights Boat Tour booked on the evening after arrival (day 2) with transfers *
- Golden Circle afternoon excursion (booked automatically two days after arrival (day 3). Pick up from your hotel at 12:00 noon)
- 15% discount at Restaurant Kopar (food only) and 10% discount at Special Tours Souvenirs Shop in the old harbour
*Departure: 16th October - 14March at 21:00 (pick up from hotels 20:00-20:45) 1st Sep - 15th Oct // 15th Mar - 15th Apr at 22:00 (pick up from hotels at 21:00-21:45)
Note: If weather conditions do not allow for northern lights boat tour, the tour operator will give you a chance to exchange the tour to either adventurous whale watching trip or delicious dinner at Kopar, one of Reykjavik's most popular restaurants. If there are no sightings on your tour, you will receive a ticket to try again on their next available tour. No refunds for not being able to see the northern lights or when alternative tour chosen.
- Airport transfers between Keflavik airport and hotel in Reykjavik (available to add in the booking process).
- Check out Iceland day tours and activities including Golden Circle, Whale Watching and Snowmobiling that are bookable with the package.
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
Is this offer not for you? Sign up for our newsletter and get updated with the latest and best Iceland flight and holiday offers.
Advertised lead in price based at travel period Nov - Dec 2017 with limited availability on selected dates. Supplement for flights from London Heathrow may apply. Very limited availability during school half term period and festive season.
This is an online offer only. Advertised prices are per person and are based on 2 people sharing a standard room subject to availability, terms and conditions. Please notice that package prices “from” are based on lowest available airfare. When the lowest airfare is sold out, package price changes according to next available airfare. The booking engine can only process one room type per booking. Please note that travel insurance is not included, we recommend cover.
Icelandair Holidays packages are ATOL protected. When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package from Icelandair Holidays you will receive a package confirmation and flight e-tickets from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 4560. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit the ATOL website. Click here for full Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.