Terrific scenery, open roads and no traffic jams make Iceland a great place to explore on your own rental car. Breathtaking mountains, lava field landscapes and waterfalls seemingly around every corner create a feeling out of this world. With the favourable exchange rate, there is no better time than now to visit the land of fire and ice.
Icelandair Holidays and Hertz have teamed up to offer this great way to enjoy Iceland on four wheels. Included in the package are flights from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow or Aberdeen to Iceland and car rental for the whole period. You simply pick up the car at the Hertz desk at Keflavik airport when you arrive and return it at the same place when departing.
- Choose "Iceland Flight & Car" from the drop down menu, under 'Iceland Fly Drives' category.
- Package available all year round.
Prices with 2 people in a car start from:
|3 night holiday has prices per person from...||2 in car|
|Group Y: Toyota Yaris 5 doors Automatic||269|
|Group B2: Toyota Auris Automatic||289|
|Group T: Toyota Auris Station||289|
|Group O: Toyota RAV4 4WD Automatic||349|
|Group I: Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD Automatic||389|
Advertised lead in prices are based on travel period Oct 2017 - Mar 2018 with limited availability on selected dates and gateways. Supplements for high season and flights from London Heathrow may apply. Very limited availability during school holidays and festive season. Vehicles listed are examples, specific models within a vehicle class may vary in availability and features.
The great thing about this package is that you can create your own itinerary on where to stay and for how long. Following suggestions could help you get a clearer picture:
- Go to the Blue Lagoon in connection to arrival or departure. The thermal spa is only a 25min drive from Keflavik International airport.
- Drive along the south coast and visit the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon. Along the way you'll pass the famous Eyjafjallajokull volcano plus numerous scenic waterfalls like the Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss.
- Choose more days in the booking engine and take highway 1 around Iceland.
- Monitor weather reports and look out for Northern Lights above you (best time to see them is Oct-April)
- Spend at least a day exploring Reykjavik city. Plenty of parking space makes it easy.
Package is available from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and Aberdeen ranging from daily to four weekly flights, depending on the gateway.
- Return Economy Class flights
- Car rental from arrival to departure
- Unlimited mileage
- CDW (Collision Damage Waiver)
- One authorised driver with an additional driver and GPS at no extra cost!
- Airport service charge
- After making the booking, you will be sent a package confirmation which is your proof of purchase, e-tickets for the flights and within two working days you'll also be sent a confirmation from Hertz for the car hire.
- Additional insurance cover
Be aware of what you are covered for within your travel insurance policy before going on holiday.
Hertz can provide extra insurances on top of the basic insurance, Collision Damage Waiver CDW, that is included in your rental.
Hertz offers SCDW to lower your self-risk from 229.500isk/386.750isk to 32.300isk/73.100isk for 1.800isk/2.550isk per day based on the size of your rental car.
The windscreen is not covered under the SCDW but Hertz offers additional insurance for windows and headlights for 900isk/1.500isk per day with 0 liability in case of damage.
If you decide to drive the car in water/rivers is always at your own risk as the driver and no insurance covers water damage. Remember to drive VERY slowly over rivers.
The tires and the undercarriage of the car is not insured in Iceland and we recommend to drive carefully on every road but take special care on F roads.
Hertz in Iceland is the only rental car company in Iceland who provides insurance for damages caused by sand/ash storm. That insurance costs 1.800isk/2.550isk per day and has a self-risk of 229.500isk/386.750isk.
Due to extreme weather conditions that may appear in Iceland, please remember to follow the weather forecast locally and ask for information about risks in high winds.
Advertised lead in prices are based on travel period Oct 2017 - Mar 2018 with limited availability on selected dates and gateways. Supplement for high season and flights from London Heathrow may apply. Vehicles listed are examples, specific models within a vehicle class may vary in availability and features. Very limited availability during school holidays and festive season.
For car rental requirements and booking information, please see Hertz website
This is an online offer only. Advertised prices are per person and are based on 2 people sharing subject to availability, terms and conditions. Please notice that package prices “from” are based on lowest available airfare. When the lowest airfare is sold out, package price changes according to next available airfare. The booking engine can only process one room type per booking. Please note that travel insurance is not included, we recommend cover.
Icelandair Holidays packages are ATOL protected. When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package from Icelandair Holidays you will receive a package confirmation and flight e-tickets from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 4560. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit the ATOL website. Click here for full Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.