Capture a magnificent view of Iceland from the air on a breathtaking helicopter sightseeing tour! This is one of the best ways to take in the sheer majesty of Iceland's vast beauty. The following two tour options are available:
Tour 1: Reykjavik Summit - From £208 per person
01st Feb - 30th Sep - Daily at 9:15 and 14:15
01st Oct - 30th Jan - Daily at 11:15 and 13:15
Tour duration: 30 - 45 minutes
Though called a "mountain," Esja is actually a volcanic mountain range made from basalt and tuff stone. See its features up close on this helicopter sightseeing tour. Enjoy breath-taking views of Reykjavik as your helicopter flies over the city and lands on one of the table-top mountains overlooking the area. You'll be on the very summit of the mountain for the photo opportunity of a life-time, with unforgettable panoramas of the coastal plain, the cityscape of Reykjavik and the distant mountains.
Tour 2: Geothermal Tour - From £326 per person
01st Feb - 30th Sep - Daily at 10:15 and 16:15
01st Oct - 30th Jan - Daily at 10:45 and 14:15
Tour duration: 45 - 60 minutes
Iceland’s subterranean energy is revealed from the air as you soar across Iceland’s volcanic landscape. The journey takes you over geothermal hot springs, colorful mountain ranges, power plants, lava fields and craters. The helicopter will land far away from the busier tourist areas and make a brief stop to witness the raw, primeval energy rising up from the earth beneath. Finally, your flight path concludes with a flyover of Reykjavik for an aerial panorama of the city.
- Transfers not included. Meet at Nordurflug Terminal 15 minutes before departure. Nordurflug Helicopter Service, Building 313, Reykjavik Domestic Airport (East side of the airport, behind Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura)
- Minimum of 2 passengers to guarantee booking (subject to availability)
- Tours not operating 24-25 Dec, 01Jan
- Weight limit 120kg/265lb per person. Passenger exceeding this limit is required to pay for 1.5 seats for the tour, in order to ensure a comfortable and safe ride.
1) While booking your holiday, you will be given the option to add day excursions and airport transfers as part of the booking process. Please first select the package you wish to book with travel dates and accommodation.
2) If you have already booked a holiday with us, you can retrieve your booking here and follow the instructions for adding day excursions and airport transfers.
3) If you have made a flight only booking with Icelandair, click here to book day excursions and airport transfers. Please be sure to provide the name of your hotel when prompted for pick up purposes.