PLEASE NOTE THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED. DETAILS FOR NEXT YEAR'S EVENT WILL BE INTRODUCED AT LATER DATE.
March is the perfect time to experience the thrilling Icelandic creative scene. Icelandair takes you to Iceland's 8th annual design festival DesignMarch, 10.-13. March 2016. It is the perfect city break to explore Reykjavik's creative scene with dozens of design events bringing the city to life.
For four days, one hundred or so exhibitions, workshops and other events spread across Reykjavik, from the fishing harbour to the main street and the lava fields surrounding the city, turning the entire city into one big venue for design. Whether it be fashion design, graphics or architecture, the northernmost capital of the world lives and breathes design.
Visit openings and galleries, relax in some of the capitals quirky cafes, shop local design, soak in the geothermal pools, dine in style and meet the local designers over cocktails - during DesignMarch, Reykjavik sizzles with creative energy.
Also remember to…
• Get the latest looks by local fashion designers – or try on the traditional woollen sweater, lopapeysa. Reykjavik’s main street houses dozens of workshops and small designer shops stocked with local design.
• Take a stroll by the seaside from concert hall Harpa all the way to the always busy dry-dock and visit the cafes and designer stores taking the seafront over by storm.
• Get up close and personal with Icelandic creative talent in the galleries and museums of the city. Must-sees include Iceland Museum of Design and Applied Arts and the superb design gallery SPARK design space.
For all the design destinations in Reykjavik and beyond, visit the Iceland Design Centre design guide here
DesignMarch Reykjavik from GBP399 per person based on double/twin room at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura for 4 nights duration.
- Please choose 'DesignMarch Reykjavik' from the drop down menu under 'Events in Iceland' category
Please note: Advertised leading price based on specified travel period subject to availability and selected gateways. Supplement for flights from London Heathrow may apply.
Wednesday, March 09 - Arrival to Iceland
Thursday, March 10
• DesignTalks with the leading international design thinkers and local designers at Harpa
• Official opening of the festival at Reykjavik Art Museum
Friday, March 11
• Openings and events around town
Saturday, March 12
• Town fair with some one hundred events open across Reykjavik turns the city into a huge venue for design
Sunday, March 13
• Sunday is for winding down, relaxing, sleeping in and breathing the clean Atlantic air. With many of the exhibitions and events still on, take a leisurely walk downtown to cover the things you may have missed on the days before.
• Sunday is also perfect for tours to the otherworldly Icelandic landscapes on Reykjavik’s doorstep. Are you in the mood for geysers and waterfalls or a Sunday stroll on a glacier?
Monday, March 14 - return to UK
|4* Hilton Reykjavik Nordica: Classy and elegant hotel mixing local tradition and global trends. Among facilities is a spa, gym and award winning restaurant VOX (Hilton Reykjavik Nordica website)(map)|
|4* Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina: Marina is a fun and quirky hotel in a great location next to the harbour (Hotel Reykjavik Marina website)(map)|
|4* Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura: Recently refurbished warm and friendly legacy hotel. Its focus is on the Icelandic atmosphere with local art, events and food. Among facilities is a swimming pool, sauna, spa and gym (Hotel Reykjavik Natura website)(map)|
- Return flights from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow or Aberdeen (please note additional nights may be required depending on gateway chosen)
- Accommodation at chosen hotel based on two sharing a standard room
- Return transfers Keflavik airport/Reykjavik (available to book with the package)
- Entrance to DesignTalks 2016. Tickets available at Harpa.is
- Transportation to and from events
Advertised leading price based on specified travel period and the lowest airfare with limited availability on selected dates and gateways. Supplement for flights from London Heathrow may apply.
This is an online offer only. Advertised prices are per person and are based on 2 people sharing a standard room subject to availability, terms and conditions. Please notice that package prices “from” are based on lowest available airfare. When the lowest airfare is sold out, package price changes according to next available airfare. The booking engine can only process one room type per booking. Please note that travel insurance is not included, we recommend cover.
Icelandair Holidays packages are ATOL protected. When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package from Icelandair Holidays you will receive a package confirmation and flight e-tickets from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 4560. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit the ATOL website. Click here for full Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.