Scheduled flights begin1942
In the spring of 1942, Icelanders were delighted to acquire their first twin-engine aircraft , a conventional 8-seat Beechcraft D-18. Its arrival heralded the start of regularly scheduled flights from Reykjavík to Akureyri, Egilsstadir and Hornafjörður.
Haförninn suffered irreparable damage on December 3, 1943 and was removed from the fleet. Until the summer of 1944, the Beechcraft was Flugfélag Íslands’ only aircraft.