Book flights from Manchester (MAN), UK to Chicago (ORD), Illinois, USA. Icelandair offers low fares on North American flights for those traveling from Europe for a vacation. Plan your trip from Europe to the US, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, and fly from Manchester to The Windy City and explore Chicagoland! When you fly Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can enjoy: our great on-time performance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you could even learn a few Icelandic phrases. Wouldn’t speaking like a Viking impress folk?
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO USA
Use Icelandair to fly from Manchester to Chicago. On your way, stop briefly in Iceland to change planes or why not enjoy a stopover in the Land of Fire and Ice? Bathe amidst Iceland’s breathtaking nature in a hot spring, experience the thrill of skiing down a glacier or just stop and chill with some award winning Icelandic beers. So wave “ciao” to Manchester and book tickets to fly to Chicago, The City of Broad Shoulders.
Chicago’s Navy Pier on Lake Michigan is an ideal venue for festivals, cultural programs, exhibitions and entertainment. Or, for a wonderful family day out, there’s Lincoln Park on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago’s largest park which is home to a zoo, playgrounds, theater and conservatory. If you’re after the stores, then explore The Magnificent Mile with its 460 shops and when you’re ready to eat and rest, 275 restaurants and 51 hotels.
Check Icelandair’s cheap European airfares from Manchester (MAN) to Chicago (ORD) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND! WHY NOT BREAK YOUR TRAVELS WITH A SHORT TRIP IN ICELAND?
Fly to the USA from Europe! Flying from Manchester to Chicago, why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour or take a few extra hours and soothe yourself in the gentle waters of the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 nights at no extra cost and drink in the coffee culture of Reykjavik, and depending on the time of year, be awed by the northern lights or head off for a relaxing round of golf at midnight. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO USA: MAN to ORD AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Europe to North America are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Flying from the UK? Icelandair lets you take two checked bags (2x23kg), seat selection and on-board, personal entertainment ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Go on and pack those party shoes. Or, take an extra case to have room for all those fabulous purchases once you’ve hit the shopping malls.
- Travelers from Manchester (MAN), UK to Chicago (ORD), USA who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to meet some of our friendly neighbors and go puffin watching or explore cultural and cozy Reykjavik.
- The distance from Manchester Airport (MAN) to Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) is approximately 3,813 miles/6,136 km.
- O’Hare Airport was originally called Orchard Field Airport and in 1949 was renamed O’Hare International Airport, in honor of Edward O’Hare, the U.S. Navy’s champion flying ace who received the Medal of Honor in World War Two.
- This Illinois airport is often just called “O’Hare” and is 17 miles northwest from Chicago’s business district, known as “The Loop.” To travel between the airport and downtown Chicago, you can take the “L” train from underground stations in Terminals, 1, 2 and 3.
- Did you know that Chicago O’Hare Airport is home to the largest airport apiary in the world? With the honey produced from their 1 million bees you can buy “Sweet Beginnings” products, including a jar of honey and skin care products at The Farmer’s Market in Terminal 3 Rotunda.
- Who is Ingólfur Arnarson and what’s he got to do with napkins? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural, Icelandic wonders.
- On flights from Manchester to Chicago you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, enjoy a tasty Icelandic donut, and drink some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Europe to the USA. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your flight to Chicago. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America—they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- Travel in extra comfort with Icelandair’s Saga Class. Start your journey with a complimentary visit to our elegant Saga lounge with refreshments and a buffet before enjoying extra leg room, extra space and extra privacy onboard.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Europe to the US and it offers a great selection of programming for all the family. Go ahead, let your little ones enjoy the antics of Angelina Ballerina and Lazy Town.
- For music lovers we’ve a huge choice of sounds for you to tune into. Our wide selection of tracks has over 40 albums and 7 unique playlists.
- Use Icelandair to fly from Manchester to Chicago for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now, try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull. Tricky? Try again. "AY-uh-fyat-luh-YOE-kuutl-uh" That’s easier, isn’t it?
- From Chicago City center and The Loop, you can get directly to Terminals 1, 2 and 3 in Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) by taking the Blue Line on the fast and efficient “L” train.
- Prepare to be amazed by the museum of butterflies at Chicago’s Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum. Set in a giant greenhouse with water pools, flowers and trees, 75 species and over 1000 butterflies call this colorful place home.
- Love your music? Check out Record Breakers, a mecca for rock and roll, jazz and original session recordings. Seeking a classic vinyl store to lose yourself in? You’re in the right place.
- One place you’ll want to capture on camera is at The Cloud Gate Sculpture, known as “The Bean“ with its 168 bright, steel plates reflecting Chicago‘s skyline in all its glory.