Book flights from London, England (LHR / LGW) to Washington, DC (IAD). Icelandair offers low fares on flights to Washington, DC. Plan your trip to Washington, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, and fly from London to Washington! Enjoy your holidays in Washington, DC when you fly Icelandair. Trusted for over 75 years, with Icelandair you can enjoy your trip to Washington, DC and: our great on-time performance, a two-checked bag allowance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you may even learn to speak like a Viking.
Cheap flights to Washington, DC
Use Icelandair to fly from London to Washington, DC. On your trip to Washington, DC, stop in Iceland to quickly change planes or stay a while and make the most of your vacation. Enjoy strolling through the boutiques and cafes of charming Reykjavik or hiking to the top of a volcano or riding a horse through a lava field. Say goodbye to Buckingham Palace, the Tate Modern Museum, High Street, and Big Ben, and book tickets to fly to Washington, DC.
Museums and a monuments are everywhere in Washington, DC, the capitol of the United States. Meander along the mall, walk by the White House, or stop in at the Smithsonian Museums of Natural History or American History. It’s hard not to think about politics as you tour the capital buildings, gaze up at the tall Washington Monument, or paddle a small boat around the Jefferson Memorial. After all the grand sites, be sure to save time for something sweet—a peek at the panda in the National Zoo or a treat in trendy Georgetown among the fancy restaurants and boutiques. Check Icelandair’s cheap tickets from London, England (LHR) to Washington, DC (IAD) and plan your holidays now!
Enjoy a stopover in Iceland!
Flying from London to Washington? Take advantage of an Iceland stopover for up to seven nights at no additional airfare. Even if you just visit for 24 hours you can do things like soak in the Blue Lagoon, wander along black sand beaches or ride a horse across a lava field. But of course we recommend you stay even longer!
Fly to Washington: LHR to IAD airport info:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from London to Washington, DC are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- If you are flying from the UK, Icelandair allows you to take two checked bags (2x23kg) FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack your party shoes. Or, bring the extra case to make sure you have room to take home all your new purchases from Washington, DC.
- Travellers from London, England to Washington, DC who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to soak in the hot waters of the beautiful Blue Lagoon or discover the cosy capital of Reykjavik.
- The distance from LHR, London Heathrow Airport in London, England to Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is approximately 5,917 kilometres or 3,677 miles.
- The full name of the airport is Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD). Sometimes it’s called DC. Sometimes, Dulles. Sometimes by it’s full name.
- The Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is 43.5 km (27 miles) from downtown Washington, DC.
- What’s kvika? On routes from the UK to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural wonders of the country.
- So many names: Yes, it’s called Washington DC. The DC stands for the District of Columbia. You can also call it just DC or just Washington.
- Shorten your flying time! Because of Icelandair’s northerly routes, the duration of flights from London to Washington, DC are often significantly less than other airlines.
- Transatlantic flights from LHR to IAD typically use two types of aircraft: Boeing 757-200 or Boeing 757-300
- On flights from London to Washington, DC you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, taste an Icelandic donut, and even try some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from the UK to Washington, DC. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- There is another small airport near the city centre of Washington, DC but nearly all international flights, including all Icelandair flights, land at Dulles (IAD).
- We want you to relax on your holidays in Washington, DC. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America—they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from London to DC and it offers a full selection of programming for you and for children too. Go ahead, let your kids watch dozens of episodes of Lazy Town.
- Use Icelandair to fly from London, England to Washington, DC for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now try to pronounce this one: Snaefell.
- You can access Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) by car, bus, or taxi. It takes about 30 minutes without any traffic.
- But wait, IAD is in Virginia? It’s true, you will fly into the state of Virginia but you’ll be very close to DC.
- Washington, DC is small, approximately 177 square kilometres or 68 square miles. DC is bordered by Virginia on one side and Maryland on the other. Because it’s so easy to get from one state to another, you may find yourself crossing state lines multiple times in any given day.