Book flights from London, England (LHR / LGW) to Vancouver, BC (YVR). Icelandair offers low fares on flights to Vancouver. Plan your trip to Canada, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, and fly from London to Vancouver! Enjoy your holidays in Vancouver when you fly Icelandair. Trusted for over 75 years, with Icelandair you can enjoy your trip to Vancouver and: our great on-time performance, a one-checked bag allowance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you may even learn to speak like a Viking.
Cheap flights to Canada
Use Icelandair to fly from London to Vancouver, BC. On your trip to Vancouver, stop in Iceland to quickly change planes or stay a while and make the most of your vacation. Enjoy strolling through the boutiques and cafes of charming Reykjavik or hiking to the top of a volcano or a glacier. Say goodbye to Buckingham Palace, the Tate Modern Museum, High Street, and Big Ben, and book tickets to fly to Vancouver.
Surrounded by old-growth forests and one of the Pacific coast’s most striking seaports, attractive Vancouver has both alluring nature and the energy of a lively city. Hangout with hipsters or dine on locally sourced salmon in the Gastown Districts. Learn about Native Americans as you wander through the totem polls in the 1000-acre Stanley Park. Look for dolphins and orcas along the coast or soar above the region riding on the Hell’s Gate Airtram funicular over Fraser Canyon. Wherever you head, you’ll find a picturesque city home to start-up types, crafty folk, and nature-lovers alike. Check Icelandair’s cheap tickets from London, England (LHR) to Vancouver (YVR) and plan your holidays now!
Enjoy a stopover in Iceland!
Flying from London to Vancouver? Take advantage of an Iceland stopover for up to seven nights at no additional airfare. Even if you just visit for 24 hours you can do things like soak in the Blue Lagoon, wander along black sand beaches or ride a horse across a lava field. But of course we recommend you stay even longer!
Fly to Vancouver: LHR to YVR airport info:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from London to Vancouver are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- If you are flying from the UK, Icelandair allows you to take two checked bags (2x23kg) FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack your party shoes. Or, bring the extra case to make sure you have room to take home plenty of souvenirs.
- Travellers from London, England to Vancouver who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to soak in the hot waters of the beautiful Blue Lagoon or discover the cosy capital of Reykjavik.
- The distance from LHR, London Heathrow Airport in London, England to Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is approximately 4,700 miles / 7,570 km.
- The Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is 12 km (7.5 miles) from downtown Vancouver.
- What’s kvika? On routes from the UK to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural wonders of the country.
- Shorten your flying time! Because of Icelandair’s northerly routes, the duration of flights from London to Vancouver are often significantly less than other airlines.
- Transatlantic flights from LHR to YVR typically use two types of aircraft: Boeing 757-200 or Boeing 757-300
- On flights from London to Vancouver you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, taste an Icelandic donut, and even try some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from the UK to Vancouver. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- We want you to relax on your holidays in Vancouver. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America—they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from London to Vancouver and it offers a full selection of programming for you and for children too. Go ahead, let your kids watch dozens of episodes of Lazy Town.
- Use Icelandair to fly from London, England to Vancouver, BC in Canada for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now try to pronounce this one: Snæfell.
- You can access Vancouver International Airport (YVR) by train or rail (26 min), car or taxi (20-30 min) or by bus.
- Driving time from YVR to Seattle is a bit over 2 hours. So even though it’s in Canada, some people fly here and then travel to the US and vice versa.
- From Vancouver, you can easily drive up and down the Pacific Northwest, making YVR a great jumping-off point for your North American holiday.