Book flights from London, England (LHR / LGW) to Toronto (YYZ). Icelandair offers low fares on flights to Toronto, Canada. Plan your trip to Toronto, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, and fly from London to Toronto! Enjoy your holidays in Toronto when you fly Icelandair. Trusted for over 75 years, with Icelandair you can enjoy your trip to Toronto and: our great on-time performance, a one-checked bag allowance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you may even learn to speak like a Viking.
Cheap flights to Toronto
Use Icelandair to fly from London to Toronto. On your trip to Toronto, stop in Iceland to quickly change planes or stay a while and make the most of your vacation. Enjoy sipping hot coffee in the charming cafes of Reykjavik, gazing at the northern lights, hiking to the top of a glacier, or looking for puffins atop a high sea cliff. Say goodbye to Buckingham Palace, the Tate Modern Museum, High Street, and Big Ben, and book tickets to fly to Toronto.
Toronto, Canada’s business capital, lies on the glittering northwest shore of Lake Ontario. Toronto is a lively city full of towering skyscrapers and a thriving cultural scene. From the highest point atop the CN Tower to the shores at the harbour, there’s always something to explore. Shop at the Eaton Centre, ride a rollercoaster at Canada’s Wonderland amusement park, immerse yourself in art at the Royal Ontario Museum, or take in some science at the Ontario Science Centre. When you’re done sightseeing don’t forget to eat—Toronto is home to hundreds of delicious cuisines from around the world. Check Icelandair’s cheap tickets from London, England (LHR) to Toronto, Canada (YYZ) and plan your holidays now!
Enjoy a stopover in Iceland!
Flying from London to Toronto? Take advantage of an Iceland stopover for up to seven nights at no additional airfare. Even if you just visit for 24 hours you can do things like soak in the Blue Lagoon, wander along black sand beaches or ride a horse across a lava field. But of course we recommend you stay even longer!
Fly to Toronto: LHR to YYZ airport info:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from London to Toronto are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- If you are flying from the UK, Icelandair allows you to take two checked bags (2x23kg) FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack your party shoes. Or, bring the extra case to make sure you have room to take home new purchases from your holiday.
- Travellers from London, England to Toronto who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to soak in the hot waters of the beautiful Blue Lagoon or discover the cosy capital of Reykjavik.
- The distance from LHR, London Heathrow Airport in London, England to Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is approximately 5,710 kilometres or 3,550 miles.
- What’s in a name? The full name of the airport is: Lester B. Pearson International Airport. It’s also called Toronto Pearson International Airport or more simply Pearson Airport or Toronto Pearson. Got it?
- YYZ is located approximately 22 kilometres or 14 miles northwest of downtown Toronto, in the adjacent city of Mississauga. If you thought Icelandic words were hard to pronounce, try saying Mississauga ten times fast.
- You can easily get from downtown Toronto to YYZ by car or taxi (30-40 minutes), or by public bus (45 minutes).
- What’s stuðlaberg? On routes from the UK to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural wonders of the country.
- Shorten your flying time! Because of Icelandair’s northerly routes, the duration of flights from London to Toronto are often significantly less than other airlines.
- Transatlantic flights from LHR to YYZ typically use two types of aircraft: Boeing 757-200 or Boeing 757-300
- On flights from London to Toronto you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, taste an Icelandic donut, and even try some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from the UK to Toronto. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- We want you to relax on your holidays in Toronto. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America—they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from London to Toronto and it offers a full selection of programming for you and for children too. Go ahead, let your kids watch dozens of episodes of Lazy Town.
- Use Icelandair to fly from London, England to Toronto, Canada for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now try to pronounce this one: Snæfell.
- Toronto is home to many ethnic and cultural festivals throughout the year. Be sure to check local listings so you can listen to jazz, peruse a Christmas Market or celebrate Mardi Gras, among other amazing festivals.
- The Toronto Airport is named in honour of Lester B. Pearson, the 14th Prime Minister of Canada.