Book flights from London (LHR), UK to Portland (PDX), Oregon, U.S.A. Icelandair offers you low prices on North American flights for those traveling from Europe on holiday and vacation. Plan your trip from Europe to U.S.A., book your flights, and fly from London to amazing Portland. When you fly with us at Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can look forward to: our reliable on-time performance, a two-checked bag allowance and complimentary seat selection. And who knows, you could pick up some phrases in Icelandic and impress your friends. Now, wouldn’t that be something?
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO U.S.A.
Choose Icelandair to fly from London to Portland. On your travels, change planes in Iceland or why not stopover for a short trip in Reykjavik and experience the many Nordic delights Iceland has to offer? Explore quaint and cozy Reykjavik, climb a glacier or marvel at the wonderful northern lights. So, bid goodbye to London and book tickets to fly to Portland in gorgeously green Oregon.
Portland is often awarded the greenest city in America and is called “the capital of karaoke“ by The New York Times, meaning it’s a city that’s great for exploring nature and for painting the town red. For those that like their culture, take in an exhibition at Pittock Mansion, the former home of two of Portland‘s most famous community and business entrepreneurs, Henry and Georgiana Pittock. Their former house is sure to delight you with its elegant Turkish, English and French designs.
Check Icelandair’s low cost European airfares from London (LHR) to Portland (PDX) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND! WHY NOT BREAK YOUR TRAVELS WITH A SHORT TRIP IN ICELAND?
Fly to U.S.A. from Europe! Flying from London to Portland, why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour or take a few extra hours and pamper yourself in the soft waters of the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 days at no extra charge and have time to see the northern lights, climb a volcano, or stroll along the small streets and boutiques in charming Reykjavik. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO U.S.A.: LHR to PDX AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from London to Portland are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Flying from the UK? Icelandair lets you take two checked bags (2x23kg), seat selection and on-board, personal entertainment ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack those party shoes. Or, bring the extra case to make sure you have room to take home your new purchases.
- Travelers from London (LHR), UK to Portland (PDX), U.S.A. who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their trip and enjoy a stopover. Hike through our outstanding Icelandic nature, ski down a glacier or horseback ride on a black, volcanic beach.
- The distance from London Airport (LHR) to Portland International Airport (PDX) is approximately 4,897 miles/7,881 km.
- The airport in Portland is approximately 15 km north east of downtown Portland.
- Portland Airport has free Wi-Fi meaning you can always be sure you’ll stay connected.
- Did you know that there’s a cycle and pedestrian path that connects Portland International Airport to regional trains?
- To reach downtown Portland it’s an easy 20-30 minutes by taxi or 40 minutes’ journey by light rail.
- Who is Ingólfur Arnarson and what’s he got to do with napkins? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve got to find out a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added some info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural, Icelandic wonders.
- On flights from London to Portland you can: pick up a few Icelandic phrases, treat yourself to an Icelandic donut, and even drink our world famous, glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Europe to U.S.A. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your travels to Portland. Complimentary blankets & pillows are available on every flight - they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- Why not travel in real style and luxury and enjoy some wining and dining? Icelandair’s Saga Class experience starts with a complimentary visit to our classy Saga lounge for tasty treats and delicious drinks before a fine, gourmet experience on board.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Europe to the U.S.A. and it offers a full selection of films, series and music for you and your youngsters. With over 150 hours of programs there’s truly something to meet everybody’s viewing tastes.
- Music lover? We’ve a host of tracks for you to choose from. With 40 albums and 7 unique playlists, sit back, unwind and let the sounds soothe you.
- Use Icelandair to fly from London to Portland for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now, try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull. Tricky? Try again. "AY-uh-fyat-luh-YOE-kuutl-uh" That’s easier, isn’t it? And now you can say you speak Icelandic.
- You can get directly from downtown Portland to Portland International Airport (PDX) via MAX light rail train.
- Portland is brilliant for winter sports. Only 90 minutes’ drive from the city takes you to Mount Hood, with 11 lifts and 85 runs for all levels of skier. For skiing at night enjoy the Ski Bowl, the largest night ski area in the country.
- Like fashion and design? Check out Portland‘s Hat Museum. There‘s over 100 hats in 5 categories.
- Offering workshops, lecture rooms and a gift shop, Portland‘s Museum of Contemporary Craft is the ideal location to discover more about arts and craft in the oldest continuously running craft museum in the United States.