Book flights from London (LHR), England to New York (EWR), USA. Icelandair offers low fares on North American flights for those traveling from Europe for a vacation. Plan your trip from Europe to the US, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, and fly from London to New York! World famous for its elegant skyscrapers, you’ll not be surprised its motto is “excelsior” (still higher). When you fly Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can enjoy: our great on-time performance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you may even learn to speak like a Viking.
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO USA
Use Icelandair to fly from London to New York. On your way, stop briefly in Iceland to change planes or why not enjoy a stopover in the Land of Fire and Ice? Check out Reykjavik’s fine cuisine, concept stores or step out into nature on a guided tour and explore the volcanoes and glaciers. So say “cheerio” to London and book tickets to fly to the Big Apple.
All foodies will want to check out Chelsea Food Market for tasty morsels to treat yourself. History buffs will be at home in New York’s Tenement Museum, bringing history to life in their engaging tours about the lives of early immigrants. And nature lovers? Stroll through a park with a different kind of view, at The High Line, 30 floors above Manhattan’s streets, it captures the rural and urban side of New York life.
Check Icelandair’s cheap European airfares from London (LHR) to New York (EWR) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND! WHY NOT BREAK YOUR TRAVELS WITH A SHORT TRIP IN ICELAND?
Fly to the USA from Europe! Flying from London to New York, why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour or take a few extra hours and treat yourself in the soft, warm waters of the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 nights at no extra charge and have time to take in the museums and arts galleries in Reykjavík, go on a puffin or whale watching trip or check out the world of Icelandic fashion and design. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO USA: LHR to EWR AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Europe to North America are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Flying from the UK? Icelandair lets you take two checked bags (2x23kg), seat selection and on-board, personal entertainment ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack those party shoes. Or, bring that extra case to make sure there’s plenty of space for all your shopping treats.
- Travelers from London (LHR), England to New York (EWR), USA who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to meet some of our friendly neighbors, the charming Icelandic horses, or enjoy colorful and cozy Reykjavik.
- The distance from London Airport (FRA) to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is approximately 3,454 miles/5,559 km.
- In New York, at Newark Liberty International Airport EWR, the airport is usually called Newark International Airport. It used to be called Newark Metropolitan Airport.
- Newark International Airport (EWR) has 3 passenger terminals, A, B and C, and there’s a free AirTrain, a light-rail service, which connects the terminals with parking lots, garages and rental car companies.
- Newark International Airport (EWR) is about 15 miles southwest of Midtown Manhattan in New York
- Who is Ingólfur Arnarson and what’s he got to do with napkins? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural, Icelandic wonders.
- On flights from London to New York you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, enjoy an Icelandic donut, and even try some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Europe to the USA. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your flight to New York. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America—they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- Travel in style with Icelandair’s Saga Class. Begin with a complimentary visit to our comfortable Saga lounge for a refreshing glass of something before enjoying extra leg room, extra space and extra privacy onboard.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Europe to the US and has an extensive choice of programming for you and all your family, too. Go ahead, let your kids enjoy Angelina Ballerina and Lazy Town.
- For music lovers we’ve a great catalogue of classic and contemporary music. We’ve created a wide selection of tracks for you to tune into, with over 40 albums and 7 unique playlists to meet your every musical mood.
- Use Icelandair to fly from London to New York for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now, try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull. Tricky? Try again. "AY-uh-fyat-luh-YOE-kuutl-uh" That’s easier, isn’t it?
- From New York City center, you can get to Newark International Airport (EWR) by taking Amtrak or NJ Transit, both which run a regular service.
- Looking for stunning New York views? The 25 acre Battery Park at the southern tip of Manhattan has magnificent views over the harbor and memorials.
- Are you a shopper looking for hidden treasure? Check out what The New York Times calls "One of the great urban experiences in New York" – Brooklyn Flea – weekend flea markets selling antiques, jewelry, furniture, art and vintage clothing.
- Nature lovers will be in heaven in New York State. Hike in the Hudson Highlands or Bear Mountain. And all this fresh air is just 45 miles north of New York City.