Book flights from London, England (LHR) to New York (JFK). Icelandair offers low fares on flights to NYC. Plan your trip to New York, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, plan your holiday, and fly from London to New York! When you fly Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can enjoy: our great on-time performance, a one-checked bag allowance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you may even learn to speak like a Viking.
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO NEW YORK
Use Icelandair to fly to New York from London, England. On your trip to NY, stop in Iceland to quickly change planes or to stay a while and make the most of your vacation. Enjoy quaint and cosy Reykjavik, ride an Icelandic horse along the seashore, or climb a glacier. So say goodbye to Big Ben and Buckingham Palace and book tickets to fly to New York.
In dazzling NYC, you can marvel at the twinkling lights of Times Square, grab tickets to a Broadway show, shop on posh Fifth Avenue, ride a horse-drawn carriage through Central Park, or wander through galleries and boutiques in SoHo. For your holidays in New York, stroll through the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Museum of Modern Art then sample the food of Little Italy, Chinatown, or any of the fabulous bistros, delis, and cafes across Manhattan. Check Icelandair’s cheap tickets from London, England (LHR) to New York (JFK) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND!
Fly to the USA from Europe! If flying from London to NYC, why not stopover in Iceland! You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour or take a few extra hours and head over to soak in the hot waters at the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 days at no extra charge and have time climb a glacier, kiss a puffin, wander along our black sand beaches, or ride a horse across a field of lava. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO NYC: LHR TO JFK AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from London to New York are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- If you are flying from the UK, Icelandair allows you to take two checked bags (2x23kg) FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack your dancing shoes. Or, bring the extra case to make sure you have room to take home all the gifts you’ll buy in New York.
- Travellers from London, England to New York who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to soak in the hot waters of the beautiful Blue Lagoon or explore the charming capital, Reykjavik.
- The distance from LHR, London Heathrow Airport in London, England to John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is approximately 3,450 miles / 5,550 km.
- Icelandair flies to JFK, the John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). Yes, there are some other airports in and around New York City, but if you are flying internationally, most of our flights land at JFK.
- Icelandair also flies to Newark, NJ, to the Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), which is about 20 minutes from NYC.
- New York, New York City, NYC, NY, the big apple—call it what you like, the city that never sleeps has dozens of names.
- John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) is 18 miles from Times Square in central New York City.
- What’s hraunhella? On routes from the UK to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural wonders of the country.
- Shorten your flying time! Because of Icelandair’s northerly routes, the duration of flights from London to New York are often significantly less than other airlines.
- Transatlantic flights from LHR to JFK typically use two types of aircraft: Boeing 757-200 or Boeing 757-300
- On flights from London to New York you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, taste an Icelandic donut, and even try some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from the UK to the USA. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your holidays in NY. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America—they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from London to NYC and it offers a full selection of programming for you and for children too. Go ahead, let your kids watch dozens of episodes of Lazy Town.
- Use Icelandair to fly from London, England to NYC for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull.
- From New York’s central Penn Station, you can access JFK by train using the Long Island Expressway (30 min), or by subway, car, bus, and taxi (30-60 min+ depending on traffic).