Book flights from London (LHR), UK to Chicago (ORD), Illinois, USA. Icelandair offers low fares on North American flights for those traveling from Europe for a vacation. Plan your trip from Europe to the US, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, and fly from London to The Windy City and explore the charm of Chicagoland! When you fly Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can enjoy: our great on-time performance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you could even learn a few Icelandic phrases. Wouldn’t speaking like a Viking impress people?
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO USA
Use Icelandair to fly from London to Chicago. On your way, stop briefly in Iceland to change planes or why not enjoy a stopover in the Land of Fire and Ice? Stroll along a remote, black volcanic beach, experience the adventure of skiing down a glacier or just unwind and soak up the coffee culture of Reykjavik. So wave “au revoir” to London and book tickets to fly to Chicago, The City of Broad Shoulders.
For curious minds, The Museum of Science and Industry creates the perfect place to learn all about space, design and the world of robots through their interactive learning programs. Or be awed by America’s first planetarium, Chicago’s Adler Planetarium, with three full sized theatres presenting shows, lectures and exhibitions to take you out of this world. And why not take a tour in Chicago? Whether it’s enjoying the museums by bicycle at sunset, a food tour with some deep pan pizza or an architecture tour, there‘s so much to see in The Windy City.
Check Icelandair’s cheap European airfares from London (LHR) to Chicago (ORD) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND! WHY NOT BREAK YOUR TRAVELS WITH A SHORT TRIP IN ICELAND?
Fly to the USA from Europe! Flying from London to Chicago, why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour or take a few extra hours and soothe yourself in the luxurious, warm waters of the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 nights at no extra cost and dine at some top Reykjavik restaurants, and depending on the time of year, be amazed by the northern lights or set off for a round of golf at midnight. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO USA: LHR to ORD AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Europe to North America are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Flying from the UK? Icelandair lets you take two checked bags (2x23kg), seat selection and on-board, personal entertainment ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Go on and pack those party shoes. Or, take an extra case to have room for all those fabulous purchases once you’ve hit the malls.
- Travelers from London (LHR), UK to Chicago (ORD), USA who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to meet some of our friendly neighbors and go whale watching or explore cultural and colorful Reykjavik.
- The distance from London Airport (LHR) to Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) is approximately 3,940 miles/6,341 km.
- O’Hare Airport was originally called Orchard Field Airport and in 1949 was renamed O’Hare International Airport, in honor of Edward O’Hare, the U.S. Navy’s champion flying ace who received the Medal of Honor in World War Two.
- This Illinois airport is often just called “O’Hare” and is 17 miles northwest from Chicago’s business district, known as “The Loop.” To travel between the airport and downtown Chicago, you can take the “L” train from underground stations in Terminals, 1, 2 and 3.
- Did you know that Chicago O’Hare Airport is home to the largest airport apiary in the world? With the honey produced from their 1 million bees you can buy “Sweet Beginnings” products, including a jar of honey and skin care products at The Farmer’s Market in Terminal 3 Rotunda.
- Who is Ingólfur Arnarson and what’s he got to do with napkins? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural, Icelandic wonders.
- On flights from London to Chicago you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, enjoy a tasty Icelandic donut, and drink some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Europe to the USA. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your flight to Chicago. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America - they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- Travel in extra comfort with Icelandair’s Saga Class. Start your journey with a complimentary visit to our elegant Saga lounge with refreshments and a buffet before enjoying extra leg room, extra space and extra privacy onboard.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Europe to the US and it offers a great selection of programming for all the family. Go ahead, let your little ones enjoy the antics of the colorful characters in Lazy Town.
- For music lovers we’ve a huge choice of sounds for you to tune into. Our wide selection of tracks has over 40 albums and 7 unique playlists.
- Use Icelandair to fly from London to Chicago for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now, try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull. Tricky? Try again. "AY-uh-fyat-luh-YOE-kuutl-uh" That’s easier, isn’t it?
- From Chicago City center and The Loop, you can get directly to Terminals 1, 2 and 3 in Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) by taking the Blue Line on the fast and efficient “L” train.
- The Chicago Lakefront Trail has over 18 miles of pedestrian and cycle friendly paths. It spans across beaches, gardens, museums and harbors and has stunning views of the Chicago skyline.
- Want to shop ‘til you drop? The Magnificent Mile has 460 shops and also 275 restaurants and 51 hotels meaning there’s always a place to have a coffee, snack or slap up meal.
- A Chicago favorite that provides unique views is at The Cloud Gate Sculpture, known as “The Bean“ with its 168 bright, steel plates reflecting Chicago‘s skyline in all its glory.