Book flights from Glasgow (GLA), UK to Washington D.C. (IAD), USA. Icelandair offers you low prices on North American flights for those traveling from Europe on holiday and business. Plan your trip from Europe to the States, book your flights, and fly from Glasgow to cultural Washington D.C. When you fly with us at Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can look forward to: our reliable on-time performance, a two-checked bag allowance and complimentary seat selection. And who knows, you could pick up some phrases in Icelandic and impress your friends. Now, wouldn’t that be something?
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO USA
Use Icelandair to fly from Glasgow to Washington D.C. On your travels, change planes in Iceland or why not stopover for a short trip in Reykjavik and experience the many Nordic delights Iceland has to offer? Explore quaint and cozy Reykjavik, climb a glacier or marvel at the wonderful northern lights. So wave “cheerio” to Glasgow and book tickets to fly to Washington D.C.
Looking to do The Smithsonian with kids? Check out the Discovery Theater with their child friendly performances, The Einstein Planetarium literally taking you to another universe and the IMAX theaters with their six channel digital surround sound and five story high screen.
Memorials? D.C. has more than a few! To explore them in a different light and for a refreshing sightseeing experience why not take a sunset bike tour and cycle to the Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Franklin D Roosevelt Memorial and the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial amongst others.
Check Icelandair’s low cost European airfares from Glasgow (GLA) to Washington D.C. (IAD) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND! WHY NOT BREAK YOUR TRAVELS WITH A SHORT TRIP IN ICELAND?
Fly to North America from Europe! Flying from Glasgow to Washington D.C., why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour or take a few extra hours and pamper yourself in the soft waters of the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 days at no extra charge and have time to see the northern lights, climb a volcano, or stroll along the streets and boutiques in charming Reykjavik. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO USA: GLA to IAD AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Glasgow to Washington D.C. are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Flying from the UK? Icelandair lets you take two checked bags (2x23kg), seat selection and on-board, personal entertainment ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack those party shoes. Or, bring the extra case to make sure you have room to take home your new purchases.
- Travelers from Glasgow (GLA), UK to Washington D.C. (IAD), USA who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their trip and enjoy a stopover. Hike through outstanding Icelandic nature, ski down a glacier or horseback ride on a volcanic beach.
- The distance from Glasgow Airport (GLA) to Washington D.C. International Airport (IAD) is approximately 3,426 miles/5,514 km.
- TheWashington Dulles International Airport is 26 miles west of downtown Washington. It’s named after John Dulles, the 52nd Secretary of State who served with President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- The terminal at Washington Dulles International Airport is made up of one main terminal and two midfield terminal buildings: Concourses A/B and C/D. The airport has four runways.
- To get from Washington Dulles Airport to downtown Washington D.C. you can travel by SuperShuttle, a service offering shared rides in the metropolitan area, by express bus or journey by Metrorail.
- Who is Ingólfur Arnarson and what’s he got to do with napkins? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve got to find out a little bit about Iceland. So, we’ve added some info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural, Icelandic wonders.
- On flights from Glasgow to Washington D.C. you can: pick up a few Icelandic phrases, treat yourself to an Icelandic donut, and even drink our world famous, glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Europe to the USA. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your travels to Washington D.C. Complimentary blankets & pillows are available on every flight - they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- Why not travel in real style and luxury and enjoy some wining and dining? Icelandair’s Saga Class experience starts with a complimentary visit to our classy Saga lounge for tasty treats and delicious drinks before a fine, gourmet experience on board.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Europe to the US and it offers a full selection of films, series and music for you and your family. With over 150 hours of programs there’s something for everybody’s viewing tastes.
- Music lover? We’ve lots of tracks for you to choose from. With 40 albums and 7 unique playlists, sit back, unwind and let the sounds soothe you.
- Use Icelandair to fly from Glasgow to Washington D.C. for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now, try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull. Tricky? Try again. "AY-uh-fyat-luh-YOE-kuutl-uh" That’s easier, isn’t it? And now you can say you speak Icelandic.
- From downtown Washington D.C. you can take the Metrobus or the Silver Line to get you to Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).
- Glen Echo Park in Bethesda, Maryland is a paradise for children. With concerts, workshops and festivals, year round it also has a puppet show, the Adventure Theater and the charming, antique Dentzel carousel that youngsters adore.
- The John F Kennedy Center for Performing Arts is the place to be to catch a musical or symphony or enjoy a free show at the Millennium stage every day at 6pm. To indulge in a cocktail or dinner visit the Roof Terrace Restaurant.
- To escape the city why not spend a day in quaint, colonial Alexandria with its marina and unique shops? Experience a horse drawn carriage tour, a ghost tour or a river cruise around this charming town.