Book flights from Glasgow, Scotland (GLA) to New York (JFK / EWR). Icelandair offers low fares on flights to NYC. Plan your trip to New York, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, and fly from Glasgow to New York City! Enjoy your holidays in NYC when you fly Icelandair. Trusted for over 75 years, with Icelandair you can enjoy your trip to New York and: our great on-time performance, a one-checked bag allowance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you may even learn to speak like a Viking.
Cheap flights to New York
Use Icelandair to fly from Glasgow to New York. On your trip to NYC, stop in Iceland to quickly change planes or stay a while and make the most of your vacation. Enjoy sipping hot coffee in the charming cafes of Reykjavik, whale watching beside the harbour, or gazing at the northern lights. Say goodbye to the Glasgow Cathedral, St. Andrews, and your fellow Glaswegians, and book tickets to fly to New York.
In dazzling NYC, you can marvel at the twinkling lights of Times Square, grab tickets to a Broadway show, shop on posh Fifth Avenue, ride a horse-drawn carriage through Central Park, or wander through galleries and boutiques in SoHo. For your holidays in New York, stroll through the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Museum of Modern Art then sample the food of Little Italy, Chinatown, or any of the fabulous bistros, delis, and cafes across Manhattan. Check Icelandair’s cheap tickets from Glasgow, Scotland (GLA) to New York (JFK) and plan your vacation now!
Enjoy a stopover in Iceland!
Flying from Glasgow to New York? Take advantage of an Iceland stopover for up to seven nights at no additional airfare. Even if you just visit for 24 hours you can do things like soak in the Blue Lagoon, wander along black sand beaches or ride a horse across a lava field. But of course we recommend you stay even longer!
Fly to New York: GLA to JFK airport info:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Glasgow to New York are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- If you are flying from the UK, Icelandair allows you to take two checked bags (2x23kg) FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack your party shoes. Or, bring the extra case to make sure you have room to take home all the fun stuff you’re sure to purchase on your holiday.
- Travellers from Glasgow, Scotland to New York, NY who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to soak in the hot waters of the beautiful Blue Lagoon or discover the cosy capital of Reykjavik.
- The distance from GLA, Glasgow Airport in Glasgow, Scotland to John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is approximately 5,167 kilometres or 3,211 miles.
- Icelandair flies to JFK, the John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). Yes, there are some other airports in and around New York City, but if you are flying internationally, most of our flights land at JFK.
- Icelandair also flies to Newark, NJ, to the Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), which is about 20 minutes from NYC.
- New York, New York City, NYC, NY, the big apple—call it what you like, the city that never sleeps has dozens of names.
- John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) is 18 miles from Times Square in central New York City.
- What’s hraunhella? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural wonders of the country.
- Transatlantic flights from GLA to JFK typically use two types of aircraft: Boeing 757-200 or Boeing 757-300
- On flights from Glasgow to New York you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, taste an Icelandic donut, and even try some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Glasgow to the USA. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your holidays in NY. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America—they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Glasgow to NYC and it offers a full selection of programming for you and for children too. Go ahead, let your kids watch dozens of episodes of Lazy Town.
- Use Icelandair to fly from Glasgow, Scotland to NYC for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull.
- From New York’s central Penn Station, you can access JFK by train using the Long Island Expressway (30 min), or by subway, car, bus, and taxi (30-60 min+ depending on traffic).