Book flights from Glasgow (GLA), UK to New York (EWR), USA. Icelandair offers low fares on North American flights for those traveling from Europe for a vacation. Plan your trip from Europe to the US, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, and fly from Glasgow to New York! World famous for its skyscrapers, you’ll not be surprised its motto is “excelsior” (still higher). When you fly Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can enjoy: our great on-time performance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you may even learn to speak like a Viking.
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO USA
Use Icelandair to fly from Glasgow to New York. On your way, stop briefly in Iceland to change planes or why not enjoy a stopover in the Land of Fire and Ice? Sail into the North Atlantic for a spot of whale watching, snorkel between two continents or kick back and enjoy some Icelandic award winning beers. So say “cheerio” to Buchanan Street and book tickets to fly to the Big Apple.
In New York, enjoy the nature of 843 acres of Central Park on foot or hire a bike to explore it all. Check out the Bow Bridge, the Alice in Wonderland Sculpture and the Imagine Mosaic, a tribute to John Lennon. Art lover? Visit P.S. 1, an art gallery showcasing cutting edge art which is sure to turn your head. Or immerse yourself in the world of glamorous art deco at the Empire State Building. Check Icelandair’s cheap European airfares from Glasgow (GLA) to New York (EWR) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND! WHY NOT BREAK YOUR TRAVELS WITH A SHORT TRIP IN ICELAND?
Fly to the USA from Europe! Flying from Glasgow to New York, why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour or take a few extra hours and soothe yourself in the tranquil waters of the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 nights at no extra charge and have time to take in the coffee culture of Reykjavík, eat our world class lamb or find out the latest in the world of Icelandic fashion and design. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO USA: GLA to EWR AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Europe to North America are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Flying from the UK? Icelandair lets you take two checked bags (2x23kg), seat selection and on-board, personal entertainment ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack those party shoes. Or, bring the extra case to make sure there’s plenty of space for your shopping treats.
- Travelers from Glasgow (GLA), UK to New York (EWR), USA who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to meet some of our friendly neighbors and go puffin watching or enjoy colorful and cozy Reykjavik.
- The distance from Glasgow Airport (FRA) to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is approximately 3,218 miles/5,179 km.
- In New York, at Newark Liberty International Airport EWR, the airport is usually called Newark International Airport. It used to be called Newark Metropolitan Airport.
- Newark International Airport (EWR) has 3 passenger terminals, A, B and C, and it has a free AirTrain, a free light-rail service, which connects the terminals with parking lots, garages and rental car companies.
- Newark International Airport (EWR) is about 15 miles southwest of Midtown Manhattan in New York
- Who is Ingólfur Arnarson and what’s he got to do with napkins? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural Icelandic wonders.
- On flights from Glasgow to New York you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, enjoy an Icelandic donut, and even try some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Europe to the USA. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your flight to New York. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America—they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- Travel in style with Icelandair’s Saga Class. Start your trip with a complimentary visit to our Saga lounge for a refreshing glass of something before enjoying extra leg room, extra space and extra privacy onboard.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Europe to the US and has a great selection of programming for you and all the family, too. Go ahead, let your kids catch up with Angelina Ballerina and Lazy Town.
- For music lovers we’ve a great catalogue. We’ve created a wide selection of tracks for you to tune into, with over 40 albums and 7 unique playlists to meet your every musical mood.
- Use Icelandair to fly from Glasgow to New York for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now, try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull. Tricky? Try again. "AY-uh-fyat-luh-YOE-kuutl-uh" That’s easier, isn’t it?
- From New York City center, you can get to Newark International Airport (EWR) by taking Amtrak or NJ Transit, both which run a regular service.
- For the latest in film, visit New York’s Film Forum. Documentaries and films from the best international film festivals will keep your head fed.
- No visit to New York is complete without some time in Grand Central Terminal. Grab a coffee and watch New Yorkers go about their day, dine at the elegant Oyster Bar, or check out the Whispering Gallery.
- Nature lovers will adore New York State. Hike in the Hudson Highlands or explore Bear Mountain. All just 45 miles north of New York City.