Book flights from Glasgow (GLA), UK to Chicago (ORD), Illinois, USA. Icelandair offers low fares on North American flights for those traveling from Europe for a vacation. Plan your trip from Europe to the US, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, and fly from Glasgow to The Windy City and explore Chicagoland! When you fly Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can enjoy: our great on-time performance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you could even learn a few Icelandic phrases. Wouldn’t speaking like a Viking impress folk?
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO USA
Use Icelandair to fly from Glasgow to Chicago. On your way, stop briefly in Iceland to change planes or why not enjoy a stopover in the Land of Fire and Ice? Bathe amidst Iceland’s breathtaking nature in a hot spring, get your adrenalin fix with the thrill of skiing down a glacier or just stop and relax with some award winning Icelandic beers. So wave “cheerio” to Glasgow and book tickets to fly to Chicago, The City of Broad Shoulders.
Chicago’s Navy Pier on Lake Michigan is fun for all the family with its festivals, cultural programs, exhibitions and entertainment. Or, for a great day out, there’s Lincoln Park, Chicago’s largest park which hosts a zoo, playgrounds, theater and conservatory. And for shoppers and foodies, explore The Magnificent Mile with its 460 shops, 275 restaurants and 51 hotels.
Check Icelandair’s cheap European airfares from Glasgow (GLA) to Chicago (ORD) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND! WHY NOT BREAK YOUR TRAVELS WITH A SHORT TRIP IN ICELAND?
Fly to the USA from Europe! Flying from Glasgow to Chicago, why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour or take a few extra hours and soothe yourself in the calming waters of the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 nights at no extra cost and drink in the coffee culture of Reykjavik, and depending on the time of year, take in the northern lights or enjoy a round of golf at midnight. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO USA: GLA to ORD AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Europe to North America are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Flying from the UK? Icelandair lets you take two checked bags (2x23kg), seat selection and on-board, personal entertainment ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Go on and pack those party shoes. Or, take an extra case to have room for all your shopping treasures once you’ve hit all the malls.
- Travelers from Glasgow (GLA), UK to Chicago (ORD), USA who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to meet some of our friendly neighbors and go whale watching or explore cultural and cozy Reykjavik.
- The distance from Glasgow Airport (GLA) to Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) is approximately 3,664 miles/5,897 km.
- O’Hare Airport was originally called Orchard Field Airport and in 1949 was renamed O’Hare International Airport, in honor of Edward O’Hare, the U.S. Navy’s champion flying ace who received the Medal of Honor in World War Two.
- This Illinois airport is often just called “O’Hare” and is 17 miles northwest from Chicago’s business district, known as “The Loop.” To travel between the airport and downtown Chicago, you can take the “L” train from underground stations in Terminals, 1, 2 and 3.
- Did you know that Chicago O’Hare Airport is home to the largest airport apiary in the world? With the honey produced from their 1 million bees you can buy “Sweet Beginnings” products, including a jar of honey and skin care products at The Farmer’s Market in Terminal 3 Rotunda.
- Who is Ingólfur Arnarson and what’s he got to do with napkins? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural, Icelandic wonders.
- On flights from Glasgow to Chicago you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, enjoy a tasty Icelandic donut, and drink some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Europe to the USA. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your flight to Chicago. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America - they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- Travel in elegance with Icelandair’s Saga Class. Start your journey with a complimentary visit to our cozy Saga lounge with refreshments and a buffet before enjoying extra leg room, extra space and extra privacy onboard.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Europe to the US and it offers a great selection of programming for all the family. Go ahead, let your little ones enjoy the antics of Angelina Ballerina and Lazy Town.
- For music lovers we’ve a huge choice of sounds for you to tune into. Our wide selection of tracks has over 40 albums and 7 unique playlists.
- Use Icelandair to fly from Glasgow to Chicago for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now, try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull. Tricky? Try again. "AY-uh-fyat-luh-YOE-kuutl-uh" That’s easier, isn’t it?
- From Chicago City center and The Loop, you can get directly to Terminals 1, 2 and 3 in Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) by taking the Blue Line on the fast and efficient “L” train.
- A museum of butterflies awaits at The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum. In a giant greenhouse amidst water pools, flowers and trees, 75 species and over 1000 butterflies call this colorful place home. Prepare to be amazed.
- For those mad about music, Chicago’s Record Breakers is a mecca for rock and roll, jazz and original session recordings. Seeking a classic vinyl store to lose yourself in? You’re in the right place.
- The Cloud Gate Sculpture, known as “The Bean“ has 168 of the shiniest steel plates brightly reflecting Chicago‘s skyline, making it a place you‘ll want to capture some memories with your camera.