Book flights from Birmingham (BHX), England to New York (EWR), USA. Icelandair offers low fares on North American flights for those traveling from Europe for a vacation. Plan your trip from Europe to the US, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, and fly from Birmingham to New York! As the capital city of skyscrapers you’ll not be surprised its motto is “excelsior” (still higher). When you fly Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can enjoy: our great on-time performance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you may even learn to speak like a Viking.
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO USA
Use Icelandair to fly from Birmingham to New York. On your way, stop briefly in Iceland to change planes or why not enjoy a stopover in the Land of Fire and Ice? Bathe in a natural, hot spring, ski down a glacier or relax and drink some Icelandic award winning beers. So wave goodbye to the Hippodrome and Villa Park and book tickets to fly to the Big Apple.
In New York, stroll through the 843 acres of Central Park or hire a bike to explore it. Take in the much photographed Bow Bridge, the Alice in Wonderland Sculpture and the Imagine Mosaic, a tribute to John Lennon. Like your art with a cutting edge? Visit P.S. 1, an art gallery showcasing what’s about to be hot and what’s provocative. Or lose yourself in the world of art deco at the Empire State Building. Check Icelandair’s cheap European airfares from Birmingham (BHX) to New York (EWR) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND! WHY NOT BREAK YOUR TRAVELS WITH A SHORT TRIP IN ICELAND?
Fly to the USA from Europe! Flying from Birmingham to New York, why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour or take a few extra hours and soothe yourself in the soothing waters of the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 nights at no extra charge and have time to take in the coffee culture of Reykjavík, enjoy our museums or find out the latest in the world of Icelandic fashion and design. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO USA: BHX to EWR AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Europe to North America are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Flying from the UK? Icelandair lets you take two checked bags (2x23kg), seat selection and on-board, personal entertainment ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack those party shoes. Or, bring the extra case to make sure there’s plenty of space for your shopping treats.
- Travelers from Birmingham (BHX), England to New York (EWR), USA who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to meet some of our friendly neighbors and go whale watching or explore colorful and cozy Reykjavik.
- The distance from Birmingham Airport (FRA) to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is approximately 3,382miles/5,443 km.
- In New York, at Newark Liberty International Airport EWR, the airport is usually called Newark International Airport. It used to be called Newark Metropolitan Airport.
- Newark International Airport (EWR) has 3 passenger terminals, A, B and C, and it has a free AirTrain, a free light-rail service, which connects the terminals with parking lots, garages and rental car companies.
- Newark International Airport (EWR) is about 15 miles southwest of Midtown Manhattan in New York
- Who is Ingólfur Arnarson and what’s he got to do with napkins? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural Icelandic wonders.
- On flights from Birmingham to New York you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, taste an Icelandic donut, and even try some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Europe to the USA. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your flight to New York. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America—they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- Travel in style with Icelandair’s Saga Class. Enjoy a complimentary visit to our Saga lounge for a refreshing glass of something before enjoying extra leg room, extra space and extra privacy onboard.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Europe to the US and it offers a great selection of programming for you and for family, too. Go ahead, let your kids catch up with Angelina Ballerina and Lazy Town.
- For music lovers we’ve a great catalogue. We’ve crafted a wide selection of tracks for you to tune into, with over 40 albums and 7 unique playlists to meet your every musical mood.
- Use Icelandair to fly from Birmingham to New York for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now, try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull. Tricky? Try again. "AY-uh-fyat-luh-YOE-kuutl-uh" That’s easier, isn’t it?
- From New York City center, you can get to Newark International Airport (EWR) by taking Amtrak or NJ Transit, both which run a regular service.
- Love movies? Check out New York’s Film Forum. Thoughtful documentaries and films from the top international festivals are waiting to stimulate, inform and entertain you.
- Lose yourself in the charm of Grand Central Terminal. Try the Whispering Gallery, dine on fresh seafood at the Oyster Bar or check out the secret passageways with fabulous views of all the action.
- For fresh air, explore New York State. Hike in the Hudson Highlands or walk up Bear Mountain. Only 45 miles north of New York City and it’s all there.