Book flights from Birmingham (BHX), UK to Edmonton (YEG), Canada’s Festival City. Icelandair offers you low prices on North American flights for those traveling from Europe on holiday and business. Plan your trip from Europe to Canada, book your flights, and fly from Birmingham to amazing Edmonton. When you fly with us at Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can look forward to: our reliable on-time performance, a two-checked bag allowance and complimentary seat selection. And who knows, you could learn a few phrases in Icelandic and impress your friends. Now, wouldn’t that be something?
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO CANADA
Use Icelandair to fly from Birmingham to Edmonton. On your travels, swap planes in Iceland or why not stopover for a short trip in Reykjavik and experience the many Nordic treats Iceland has to offer? Explore quaint and cozy Reykjavik, walk on a glacier or marvel at the wonderful northern lights. So wave “bye-bye” to Birmingham and book tickets to fly to amazing Edmonton, the “City of Champions.”
For some old charm, visit Fort Edmonton Park and step back into 1846 and the early 20th century and relax in style with the quaint streetcar and steam train. Shopping? With a twist? Artisan and free spirited, that's 124 Street. Art lovers, foodies and coffee fans will want to linger longer in this downtown hotspot with a host of independent retail stores.
Check Icelandair’s low cost European airfares from Birmingham (BHX) to Edmonton (YEG) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND! WHY NOT BREAK YOUR TRAVELS WITH A SHORT TRIP IN ICELAND?
Fly to Canada from Europe! Flying from Birmingham to Edmonton, why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour or take a few extra hours and treat yourself to the luxurious waters of the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 days at no extra cost and have time to see the northern lights, enter the depths of a volcano, or stroll along the small streets and boutiques in charming Reykjavik. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO CANADA: BHX to YEG AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Birmingham to Edmonton are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Flying from the UK? Icelandair lets you take two checked bags (2x23kg), seat selection and on-board, personal entertainment ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack those party shoes. Or, take that extra case to make sure you have room to take home your new treats.
- Travelers from Birmingham (BHX), UK to Edmonton (YEG), Canada who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their trip and enjoy a stopover. Hike through outstanding Icelandic nature, go whale watching or bathe in a natural, hot spring.
- The distance from Birmingham Airport (BHX) to Edmonton International Airport (YEG) is approximately 4,142 miles/6,666 km.
- Edmonton International Airport (YEG) is 14 miles southwest of downtown Edmonton and has one terminal building with north and south side facilities.
- Travelling with kids? There are four children’s play areas throughout the airport: in the US Departures lounge, the Domestic-International Departures lounge, the North Terminal Departures lounge and the Arrivals level opposite the Information Booth.
- Throughout the airport look for the friendly, blue uniformed Airport Volunteer Ambassadors who’ll be happy to help you out.
- Who is Ingólfur Arnarson and what’s he got to do with napkins? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve got to find out a little bit about Iceland. So, we’ve added some info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural, Icelandic wonders.
- On flights from Birmingham to Edmonton you can: pick up a few Icelandic phrases, treat yourself to an Icelandic donut, and even enjoy our world famous, glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Europe to Canada. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your travels to Edmonton. Complimentary blankets & pillows are available on every flight - they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- Why not travel in real style and luxury and enjoy some fine wining and dining? Icelandair’s Saga Class experience starts with a complimentary visit to our classy Saga lounge before a fine, gourmet experience on board.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Europe to Canada and it offers a full selection of films, series and music for you and your family. With over 150 hours of programs there’s truly something to meet everybody’s viewing tastes.
- Music lover? We’ve a range of tracks for you to choose from. With 40 albums and 7 unique playlists, sit back, unwind and let the sounds soothe you.
- Use Icelandair to fly from Birmingham to Edmonton for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now, try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull. Tricky? Try again. "AY-uh-fyat-luh-YOE-kuutl-uh" That’s easier, isn’t it? And now you can say you speak Icelandic.
- Travelling between downtown Edmonton and Edmonton International Airport is simple. You could take the SkyShuttle Service or the Edmonton Transit System (ETS) which provides express service.
- Who said you can't enjoy a chocolate fountain and a cultural extravaganza at the same time? At Edmonton’s Mayfield Diner Theatre you can. Dine in style and take in a musical, comedy or drama.
- Learning comes to life at Edmonton‘s Energy Discovery Centre. Touch millennia old fossils, enjoy a virtual trip deep inside the world's largest drill bit and explore the monster trucks used in the oil industry.
- Elk Island National Park is Alberta’s nature at its best. With over 200 bird species, it's heaven for hiking, skiing and camping.