Book flights from Birmingham (BHX), UK to Chicago, Illinois, (ORD), USA. Icelandair offers low fares on North American flights for those traveling from Europe for a vacation. Plan your trip from Europe to the US, book your flights, buy your airline tickets, and fly from Birmingham to The City of Broad Shoulders and explore why Chicago is among the world’s tallest cities. When you fly Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can enjoy: our great on-time performance, a reduced flying time because of our short northerly routes, and who knows, you could even learn a few Icelandic phrases. Wouldn’t speaking like a Viking impress folk?
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO USA
Use Icelandair to fly from Birmingham to Chicago. On your way, stop briefly in Iceland to change planes or why not enjoy a stopover in the Land of Fire and Ice? Stroll along a remote, black volcanic beach, explore the ancient depths of a volcano or just relax in the coffee culture of Reykjavik. So wave “au revoir” to Birmingham and book tickets to fly to Chicago, The Windy City.
For curious minds, Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry is the perfect venue to learn all about space and design through their interactive learning programs. Or travel out of this world at America’s first planetarium, The Adler Planetarium, where its three full sized theatres have a range of shows, lectures and exhibitions. Whether it’s exploring the museums by bicycle at sunset, a food tour enjoying some delicious, deep pan pizza or an architecture tour, there‘s so much to see in The Second City.
Check Icelandair’s cheap European airfares from Birmingham (BHX) to Chicago (ORD) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND! WHY NOT BREAK YOUR TRAVELS WITH A SHORT TRIP IN ICELAND?
Fly to the USA from Europe! Flying from Birmingham to Chicago, why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour or take a few extra hours and soothe yourself in the soft, soothing waters of the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 nights at no extra charge and dine at some top Reykjavik restaurants, and depending on the time of year, be awed by the northern lights or enjoy a midnight round of golf. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO USA: BHX to ORD AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Europe to North America are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Flying from the UK? Icelandair lets you take two checked bags (2x23kg), seat selection and on-board, personal entertainment ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Go on and pack those party shoes. Or, take an extra case to have room for all those fabulous goodies once you’ve hit the malls.
- Travelers from Birmingham (BHX), UK to Chicago (ORD), USA who wish to explore Iceland may be able to extend their stopover to have time to meet some of our friendly neighbors and go puffin watching or explore cultural and colorful Reykjavik.
- The distance from Birmingham Airport (BHX) to Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) is approximately 3,860 miles/6,212 km.
- O’Hare Airport was originally called Orchard Field Airport and in 1949 was renamed O’Hare International Airport, in honor of Edward O’Hare, the U.S. Navy’s champion flying ace who received the Medal of Honor in World War Two.
- This Illinois airport is often just called “O’Hare” and is 17 miles northwest from Chicago’s business district, known as “The Loop.” To travel between the airport and downtown Chicago, you can take the “L” train from underground stations in Terminals, 1, 2 and 3.
- Did you know that Chicago O’Hare Airport is home to the largest airport apiary in the world? With the honey produced from their 1 million bees you can buy “Sweet Beginnings” products, including a jar of honey and skin care products at The Farmer’s Market in Terminal 3 Rotunda.
- Who is Ingólfur Arnarson and what’s he got to do with napkins? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve learned a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added glimpses of info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural, Icelandic wonders.
- On flights from Birmingham to Chicago you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, enjoy a tasty Icelandic donut, and drink some of our delicious glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Europe to the USA. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your flight to Chicago. Blankets & pillows are in every seat on European routes to North America - they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- Travel in fine style with Icelandair’s Saga Class. Start your journey with a complimentary visit to our elegant Saga lounge with refreshments and a buffet before enjoying extra leg room, extra space and extra privacy onboard.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Europe to the US and it offers a great selection of programming for all the family. Go ahead, let your little ones enjoy the adventures of the colorful characters in Lazy Town.
- For music lovers we’ve a huge choice of sounds for you to tune into. Our wide selection of tracks has over 40 albums and 7 unique playlists.
- Use Icelandair to fly from Birmingham to Chicago for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now, try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull. Tricky? Try again. "AY-uh-fyat-luh-YOE-kuutl-uh" That’s easier, isn’t it?
- From Chicago City center and The Loop, you can get directly to Terminals 1, 2 and 3 in Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) by taking the Blue Line on the fast and efficient “L” train.
- The Chicago Lakefront Trail has over 18 miles of pedestrian and cycle friendly paths. Spanning across beaches, gardens, museums and harbors, the trail offers stunning views of the Chicago skyline.
- Ready for some retail therapy? The Magnificent Mile has 460 stores and also 275 restaurants and 51 hotels, so there’s always a spot to have a drink, snack or meal.
- A top Chicago favorite that has views with a twist is from The Cloud Gate Sculpture, known as “The Bean“ with its 168 bright, shiny plates reflecting Chicago‘s skyline in all its brilliance.