Book flights from Birmingham (BHX), UK to Anchorage (ANC), Alaska, USA. Icelandair offers you low prices on North American flights for those traveling from Europe on holiday and business. Plan your trip from Europe to the States, book your flights, and fly from Birmingham to amazing Anchorage, gateway to the magnificent Alaskan wilderness. When you fly with us at Icelandair, trusted for over 75 years, you can look forward to: our reliable on-time performance, a two-checked bag allowance and complimentary seat selection. And who knows, you might even learn some phrases in Icelandic and impress your friends. Now, wouldn’t that be something?
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO USA
Use Icelandair to fly from Birmingham to Anchorage. On your travels, change planes in Iceland or why not stopover for a short trip in Reykjavik and experience the many Nordic delights Iceland has to offer? Discover quaint and colorful Reykjavik, climb a glacier or perhaps marvel at the wonderful northern lights. So say “cheerio” to Birmingham and book your tickets to fly to amazing Anchorage.
Short on time? Only 60 minutes from Anchorage takes you to Portage Glacier where you can sail among icebergs on the Portage Lake on the MV Ptarmigan and get within 300 yards from a glacier formed in the ice age. To learn about Alaska’s cultural history and the 50,000 Alaskan native people that call this nature paradise home, you’ll adore the most popular public event the “Quyana Alaska” featuring native dance groups from all over the state.
Check Icelandair’s low cost European airfares from Birmingham (BHX) to Anchorage (ANC) and plan your vacation now!
ENJOY A STOPOVER IN ICELAND! WHY NOT BREAK YOUR TRAVELS WITH A SHORT TRIP IN ICELAND?
Fly to the USA from Europe! Flying from Birmingham to Anchorage, Alaska, why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in less than an hour or enjoy a few extra hours pampering yourself in the soft waters of the Blue Lagoon. Or, stay up to 7 days at no extra charge and have time to see the northern lights, climb a volcano, or stroll along the small streets and boutiques in charming Reykjavik. When you fly with Icelandair we take the quickest, shortest northerly route, saving you time.
FLY TO USA: BHX to ANC AIRPORT INFO:
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Birmingham to Anchorage are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Flying from the UK? Icelandair lets you take two checked bags (2x23kg), seat selection and on-board, personal entertainment ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Go ahead and pack those party shoes. Or, bring the extra case to make sure there’s room to take home your new shopping goodies.
- Travelers from Birmingham (BHX), UK to Anchorage (ANC), USA who want to explore Iceland could extend their trip and enjoy a stopover. Hike through our outstanding Icelandic nature, ski down a glacier or horseback ride on an ancient, volcanic beach.
- The distance from Birmingham Airport (BHX) to Anchorage International Airport (ANC) is approximately 4,391 miles/7,067 km.
- Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport was named after Ted Stevens, the U.S. Senator from Alaska who served from 1968 to 2009
- The south terminal in Anchorage International Airport (ANC) is for domestic flights and the north terminal is for international flights. A shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes from the south terminal to the rental car facilities and a shuttle service is available on a demand basis from the north terminal.
- Anchorage Airport (ANC) is only a short taxi or bus ride from downtown Anchorage. “The People Mover” a public bus service, leaves the airport roughly every 30 minutes to travel downtown.
- Who is Ingólfur Arnarson and what’s he got to do with napkins? On routes from Europe to North America, we want you to feel like you’ve got to find out a little bit about Iceland, so we’ve added some info about our country all around the plane, even naming each food item after natural, Icelandic wonders.
- On flights from Birmingham to Anchorage you can: learn a few Icelandic phrases, enjoy an Icelandic donut, and even drink our world famous, glacial water.
- A complimentary warm meal for children is served on all Icelandair flights from Europe to the USA. And the packaging transforms into a cool, creative kid’s toy.
- Relax on your travels to Anchorage. Complimentary blankets & pillows are available on every flight - they even come with an Icelandic lullaby.
- Why not travel in stylish luxury and enjoy some wining and dining? Icelandair’s Saga Class experience starts with a complimentary visit to our classy Saga lounge for tasty treats and delicious drinks before a fine, gourmet experience on board.
- The personal inflight entertainment system is available on nearly every flight from Europe to the US and it offers a full selection of films, series and music for you and your youngsters. With over 150 hours of programs there’s truly something to meet everybody’s viewing tastes.
- Music lover? We’ve a whole bunch of tracks for you to choose from. With 40 albums and 7 unique playlists, sit back, unwind and let the sounds soothe you.
- Use Icelandair to fly from Birmingham to Anchorage for your next vacation and you will have the distinct pleasure of flying the only airline in the world that names its planes after volcanoes. Now, try to pronounce this one: Eyjafjallajökull. Tricky? Try again. "AY-uh-fyat-luh-YOE-kuutl-uh" That’s easier, isn’t it? And now you can say you speak Icelandic.
- From Anchorage City center, you can get to Anchorage International Airport (ANC) by taking the People Mover public bus from a range of downtown stops or from a selection of stops at the Dimond Center, Alaska’s largest enclosed shopping mall.
- For some laid back culture in Anchorage and a fabulous opportunity to get to know the locals, take in a First Friday Art Walk, where cafes, galleries and art haunts are open late, offering tasty treats and drinks.
- The Anchorage Museum offers tours that explore Alaska’s native heritage in the Smithsonian Arctic Studies Center. During summer months jump on “Lolly the Trolley” to the Ulu Factory and watch craftsman carve the Ulu knife.
- What could be better than combining a floatplane trip and getting closer to the great Alaskan bear? Katmai National Park and Preserve/Brooks Falls, to the south of Anchorage, is one of the very best places to see the bears in their surroundings.